nitrate dilemma

Whoa... Pump the breaks buddy! You came to a FORUM asking for advise... Hello.

If you know so much, how about you keep your theories to yourself and quit bashing people that offer suggestions.

Sn4k33y3z;1043316 wrote: Whoa... Pump the breaks buddy! You came to a FORUM asking for advise... Hello.

If you know so much, how about you keep your theories to yourself and quit bashing people that offer suggestions. !

im not asking for advice. 99% of the people here would not balance their sea water dosing nitrate and po4.

I just want to avoid misnomers in this thread. including cyano needing silicates. i already want to shoot myself with your suggestion that you may have read online somewhere circa 2001 or so.

maybe someone else with the same issue will find this thread educational.

Russ-IV;1043317 wrote: im not asking for advice. 99% of the people here would not balance their sea water dosing nitrate and po4.

I just want to avoid misnomers in this thread. including cyano needing silicates. i already want to shoot myself with your suggestion that you may have read online somewhere circa 2001 or so.

maybe someone else with the same issue will find this thread educational.

Educate me... I'm getting a beer!

Sn4k33y3z;1043321 wrote: Golden gloves here in 98. I'll wear pink wraps converse tennis shoes lol

lol ok ... u may continue then. omg but seriously.

cyano need some carbon, and light to live. They (and GHA) seem to take over when po4 > no3 or some sort of imbalance occurs.

Im attempting the 106:16:1 method. I can test 16 part and the 1 part. carbon portion ill need to read in to more.

Sn4k33y3z;1043321 wrote: Golden gloves here in 98. I'll wear pink wraps converse tennis shoes lol

You're just looking for an excuse to wear pink shoes

Sn4k33y3z;1043322 wrote: Educate me... I'm getting a beer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWvebC3accY">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWvebC3accY</a>

questions?

very broad stroke but some other research in to cyano will make it a bit clearer.

grab one for me

btw:

this is the one i am following.....(better have some time on your hands without a beer)
It is a bit more in detail than the prior... but it is a class basically.

[IMG]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_DWBymhrT4">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_DWBymhrT4</a>

Ringo®;1043324 wrote: You're just looking for an excuse to wear pink shoes

Bingo! Perhaps I'll receive a live time achievement award at the next ESPN award ceremony.

Sn4k33y3z;1043316 wrote: Whoa... Pump the breaks buddy! You came to a FORUM asking for advise... Hello.

If you know so much, how about you keep your theories to yourself and quit bashing people that offer suggestions. PRICK!

Haha, he's a real Kardashian huh Jake.

Russ, this is a public forum and while you can not dictate who comments on which threads that you do not own (this one). In turn, we have to allow the single cells to generate this nonsense to begin with.

Sometimes it's all really unfortunate.

Russ is a Tool that is just trolling. Go ahead and dose nitrates, add phosphates chase numbers all day long and then tell us (the ones who have successfully keep sps corals for years that we are wrong ) and you are going to uncover some new great short cut by using freshwater chemicals. Have fun with your experiments. Anybody that is reading Russ doesn't really want advise, he wants to argue because he can't argue at home.

JimmyStephens;1043344 wrote: Russ is a Tool that is just trolling. Go ahead and dose nitrates, add phosphates chase numbers all day long and then tell us (the ones who have successfully keep sps corals for years that we are wrong ) and you are going to uncover some new great short cut by using freshwater chemicals. Have fun with your experiments. Anybody that is reading Russ doesn't really want advise, he wants to argue because he can't argue at home.

i bet you do water changes too. go to a zeo forum and until then we can talk. until keep complaining about your 20 ppm nitrate and using chemiclean to fix something chemically imbalanced with your water. tbh i wasnt gonna say anything but w/e.

i dosed 75 ml of nitrate because it doesnt occur in my system. i also have to dose phosphate because it doesnt either. infact it keeps going down.

so while you use biopellets and and a skimmer that is incredibly detrimental to a system, we can talk later.

my only losses are birdsnest. regarded as the most bulletproof sps you can get. the "beginner" sps if you will. yet every acropora ive chucked in here has yet to die.

by all means... ill bow down to the sps masters of 20+ years. but photoinhibition occurs at a UNIVERSAL 16:1 ratio of nitrate and po4.

now while you digest that fact and sip your beer wondering why your system works like that, ill continue to laugh at the amounts of water you have to change and wonder why.

i already know with systems involved with nitrogen surpluses and why the "wait and see" approach works for most. but in my case, and in ALL cases on earth you cannot photosynthesize without no3 and po4.

i now understand why the educated ones like ralph atl and others left. they actually had some pretty good case studies. all that is left are the 10% water changers and let nature take its course kinda riftraft.

but i digress,

youve done this for decades lol

i bet you cant mathematically deduce why my system is the way it is either. lol. give ya hint. its where jesse is wrong

Russ-IV;1043348 wrote: i bet you do water changes too. go to a zeo forum and until then we can talk. until keep complaining about your 20 ppm nitrate and using chemiclean to fix something chemically imbalanced with your water. tbh i wasnt gonna say anything but w/e.

i dosed 75 ml of nitrate because it doesnt occur in my system. i also have to dose phosphate because it doesnt either. infact it keeps going down.

so while you use biopellets and and a skimmer that is incredibly detrimental to a system, we can talk later.

my only losses are birdsnest. regarded as the most bulletproof sps you can get. the "beginner" sps if you will. yet every acropora ive chucked in here has yet to die.

by all means... ill bow down to the sps masters of 20+ years. but photoinhibition occurs at a UNIVERSAL 16:1 ratio of nitrate and po4.

now while you digest that fact and sip your beer wondering why your system works like that, ill continue to laugh at the amounts of water you have to change and wonder why.

i already know with systems involved with nitrogen surpluses and why the "wait and see" approach works for most. but in my case, and in ALL cases on earth you cannot photosynthesize without no3 and po4.

i now understand why the educated ones like ralph atl and others left. they actually had some pretty good case studies. all that is left are the 10% water changers and let nature take its course kinda riftraft.

but i digress,

youve done this for decades lol

i bet you cant mathematically deduce why my system is the way it is either. lol. give ya hint. its where jesse is wrong

Should be a sticky!

3618d1350095122-funny-gif-thread-soniamderp.jpg
alt="" />

DawgFace;1043355 wrote: Should be a sticky!

3618d1350095122-funny-gif-thread-soniamderp.jpg
alt="" />

your dead pinecone fish should be a sticky lol (maybe he is. you check your pipes?)

were you thinking?

btw according to your fun links. how should i change over my liverock to prevent ammonia from no3?

do i flip the LR 180 degrees or do i have to drill?

you are probably the worst person to ever give advice. now go study up on your periodic table from 8th grade.

DawgFace;1043358 wrote: Nailed it!

DawgFace;1043362 wrote: https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSEoBwM-WKvXc50ngvCaYF9h5ZI0f1MVHAZiyFrfDhE-u9HwWE_Yg" alt="" />[/QUOTE]

[IMG]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3b/Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg alt="" />

typical of anything you post

simple search on this site shows you hve the mental agility of that pinecone fish you flushed down the toilet. how much that set you back?

you know whats gonna happen jesse. after you opened your fat yap, your gonna ask a mod to save you and your misinformation. you know. like the lack of proof of old tank syndrome, nitrates needing to be 0, that kinda thing.

hey hey. tell me what is the most efficient way to kill deep water fish that are meant to be at an extended psi of 300 meters, and dark as well as 72 f max?

or hell. we can just do a search on the stupidity you spew.

Russ-IV;1043363 wrote:
Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg
alt="" />

typical of anything you post

simple search on this site shows you hve the mental agility of that pinecone fish you flushed down the toilet. how much that set you back?

I've yet to figure out what your talking about.

Oh well, off to do a water change. Yes, I'm that nuts.

Back