Ok I am finally done...

xyzpdq0121

Market
Reaction score
My back is hurting. I have cut myself more times then I can count, I have spilled salt in my open wound... But the Much Awaited 40 GAL is RUNNING!!! It only took two trips to Home Depot...

Enjoy this picture of before the water was in but rock work was done (or all I have the desire to do tonight on the rock work!)
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
57333=3911-Fish Tank 067.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
57333=3911-Fish Tank 067.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="Fish Tank 067.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

All that is left now is the Canopy (Who wants to help me build it?) and to let it cycle!!!!

glxtrix;57342 wrote: sweet deal man, whats gonna go in it?

My Wallet.... I am just going to set it in there. I figure, that is where it is going anyways!!!!

No, So far I have a Tomato Clown, a Zebra Damsel in QT for this tank. I figure the Clown is going to need a nice RBTA to call home. After that I am pretty open to ideas... I am trying not to put anything that is in my 55 gal, so no percs, no tang (too small anyways) no flame angel, no neon goby, no mandrin, no jawfish. So I am thinking about moving my Fire shrimp over to the 40 gal, getting a 6 line, maybe a diamond goby. Any thoughts? It is a blank slate to start from...

Xyzpdq0121;57354 wrote: Any thoughts? It is a blank slate to start from...

How about a rare, exotic NonCom fish? We'll make this one available to you for a price....

http://animal-world.com/encyclo/marine/damsels/sgtmajor.php">Feast Your Eyes On The Aformentioned Rare NonCom Fish</a>

*wink*

Looks good! I'm suprised you don't have a tank resident plan all set out yet :). Considering you already have a reef tank, I assume this will be your anemone tank?

If so you could do what Lee had with different anemones and their respective anemonefish.

I thought Jen was picking the fish this time.... good to see you got it up and running! I would seriously look at glasscages.com for the canopy. It is hard to build one as cheap as you can buy one from them. Oh and they are pretty close to my home town so I can probably swing by and pick it up for you.

Cameron;57405 wrote: I thought Jen was picking the fish this time.... good to see you got it up and running! I would seriously look at glasscages.com for the canopy. It is hard to build one as cheap as you can buy one from them. Oh and they are pretty close to my home town so I can probably swing by and pick it up for you.

Ya, get this, she is refering to the 55 gal as HER tank!!! But in the end, I will let her pick these fish (with a few suggestions from me!) ;)

As for GlassCages... You know me, I am on a DEEP budget... They want something like $150 for a canopy and I just do not know if I want to try to swing that right now. I was hoping to get away with like $50-$75 with help from my FRIENDS!!! ;)

I think it is $125, but I can see saving a couple bucks. If I could saw a straight line, I would help you out on it.

Ya then I do not know what I am going to do to match it with the stand. The stand is MDF with that wood finish prefab fake stuff... I do not know what to do to match it the best I can.

MDF is a bad idea around water unless you got some really new stuff.

I know but it is the stand that I have had for this tank for years...

So I need a canopy + Stand!!! ;)

Oh Ya for about $150! ;)

Are you sure it is MDF? Does it have layers in the board (plywood)?

OK OK, this thread has gone way too far. I have built a custom canopy before. I am pretty ok with woodworking. NO MDF WITH MOISTURE!!! NO NO!! Outside of that, I can help you if you need. Let me know.

Back