Red Bugs, Interceptor Rx

Delloman;326007 wrote: i am dislexic thanks

<span style="color: black"><span style="font-family: Verdana">That's a common problem and it would help if you would type your work on a Word Processor with a grammar and spell checker. Then you can copy and paste your work onto the site. This would make reading and understanding what you are saying a little easier. Just my 2 cents worth, take it or leave it. </span></span>

RedEDGE2k1;325695 wrote: "engineer" shouldn't be associated with anyone who can't spell

Im an engineer, im dyslexic, I have ADD, I cant spell and most of the time I dont care:tongue:

Delloman;325510 wrote: well seroquel is now bin shown to give people tipe 1 diabetes

They are trying to make the link between the 2.. If you ever had to take it(which I hope no one here does or ever has to) you could understand the diab. debate... It gives you what I call the Seroquel Starve.. About like having to take steroids but only crave sweets.. I hate sweets and would eat as much as I could before getting sick after taking it.. Gained like 25lb in 3 months from it also.. Glad day when I stopped taking it..

Back to the main point though!

Glad its working against the swarm!

Alright so back on the topic here. We ALL know the dreaded "I" word here is illegal to obtain from a vet....whether they give it to you or not. We also know that "I" WILL 100% WORK in your tank.... I know I've used it 3 times and with all types of corals/inverts with no loss....except for crabs, pods and I think shrimp. At any rate, "I" has been around the reefing community for a good bit now, the question is, how do we as a community get "I" to be legalized for purchase for reeftanks? There is plenty of documentation, threads, and people blabbing about it on pretty much every single reef forum. Does it go back to whom ever said it just has too much medicine per volume to be sold as OTC??? Do people just not care about making this legal to purchase for us??? If we as hobbyists are trying to sustain life, and that life be it fish or corals is ill, and it's an known illness with a known cure....why is it illegal and or why is there no "easy/legal" way to obtain the cure? If it revolves around the whole, this medicine has too much per the volume of the pill, ok I can understand that. But if nothing has been done to actually try to get this legalized for the reefing community, then that is what I have a problem with.

glxtrix;326372 wrote: But if nothing has been done to actually try to get this legalized for the reefing community, then that is what I have a problem with.

I don't think anything has been done to make it easier to get because it is not hard to get in the first place. And to correct you, it is not illegal to obtain it from a vet.

It's illegal in the sense that it's not what it is intended for. No correction needed here, I'm all for having this being "legalized" (in what ever sense you want to take it) so we can treat or corals. I'd just like to see the day that we don;t have to be "hush hush" about it or jump through hoops (unless you have a hook up).

glxtrix;326411 wrote: I'd just like to see the day that we don;t have to be "hush hush" about it or jump through hoops (unless you have a hook up).

And my point is that you don't have to jump through hoops or find a "hook up" unless you want to obtain it illegally. Odds are, if you talk to your vet they will prescribe it for you.

My vet actually had heard of it before and has prescribed it on several occasions. She knew about red bugs and coral. She prescribed me ONE tablet only, and marked clearly that it was for "aquarium use only" and the container was labeled "Exotic/Fish - For Aquarium Use Only." She knew exactly what she was doing and exactly what the medicine was to be used for. She didn't just take my word on it and give me access to her medicine cabinets.

Again, we don't live in black & white. We live in gray. If anyone wants to make a stink about this, and sue the vet, blah blah blah, then that person is free to do so. I just don't think you would win the case in front of a judge.

-Dustin

Oh I hear ya on that. Perhaps too I didn't see in any previous post about the vet marking it as they did. Awesome that they did that. I guess my main thing would be, it would be nice for one day to see this sold in any location (lfs's) like any other medicine for fish/corals. Glad to see your vet was so understanding.

atreyu917;326478 wrote: Won't ever be legal in stores w/o prescription if it's the same ingredients. Nothing that prevents Heartworms can be bought OTC because the pets need updated Heartworm Exams to even get the script. So unfortunately this won't be possible. Maybe if they make a new product under a new name. But they will charge out the *** for it I'm sure.

$20 for one pill is pretty high as it is...but I know what you're saying.

Back