Rich's 120 Build.

rdnelson99;979921 wrote: On the way home tonight I stopped by HD and picked up the lumber and hardware that should allow me to button up the stand and canopy build this weekend (I hope). From there I went by a friends house and picked up my new Apex and a pair of killer LED fixtures. Once the final Group Buy stuff comes in I shod have all my equipment rounded up. Biggest thing I need now is TIME!!! Why does work have to get in the way.

Sounds like it's time for an "Icehouse". With the current temperature here in Georgia; I bet all the Eskimos in Alaska are surely drinking some "Icehouse" right now :yes: .

Wannabee

Couple odds and ends to button up and a lot of sanding to do but other than that this thing is ready for some paint.

713446a0198722a51fb534ec03abe392.jpg
alt="" />

4c9547115e4392c64a8dd45dbac7d7b7.jpg
alt="" />

acef280508592aa6559dc9e47fb00092.jpg
alt="" />

c96f927bf7fd7fea715c97a817029f9d.jpg
alt="" />

Thank you. I appreciate it. Here are a couple more of the canopy.

71cc5d87715f02076b3d293c76aace33.jpg
alt="" />

37503178e851dc7cd72863056d71bd89.jpg
alt="" />

You wanna build me one??? That's exactly what I had on my mind for my next build...

LOL. For the right price. :)

Picked up the primer and antiquing glaze this afternoon as well as some paint chips so momma can pick the base color. Looking forward to shooting this thing.

Hey Rich, when you get a chance, can we get a picture of it with the tank and canopy in place...I'm curious to see the whole thing as a package. BTW...looking great!

Me too!! LOL. Need one of the daughters boy friends to come by (never thought I would say that) and give me a hand lifting it.

Really nice work! I like the tile idea. My brother has a bar style stand and even with marine varnish it still takes a beating.

Whats the hatch on the left for? Beer cooler?

fierogtdude;980425 wrote: Really nice work! I like the tile idea. My brother has a bar style stand and even with marine varnish it still takes a beating.

Whats the hatch on the left for? Beer cooler?

Hmmmmm beer cooler. LOL. No that is to be able to access the skimmer. I have a Reef Octopus with three neck extensions. That will make it easy access. On top of that, the Apex and pump controllers will mount on the kid. Lift it up and it is all at your finger tips. At least that is the plan. :)

Ok JB. You asked. Going to be a bit tall but keep in mind it is sitting on the makeshift cart I built which raises it about 4".

Found one other issue. The hatch on the left will not clear the canopy as is. So, I will change how it hinges and it should be fine.

92c7044566265e7d5ef7c3dacc989ee5.jpg
alt="" />

845f839e5ee7e0639f201313189b66d5.jpg
alt="" />

a6bba3dfeb76537494c4a64e9fa59473.jpg
alt="" />

5d20c42f48c6aac305f59bee3b7fd383.jpg
alt="" />

[quoteMustard Man]Found one other issue. The hatch on the left will not clear the canopy as is. So, I will change how it hinges and it should be fine.[/QUOTE]

That's why I was asking for you to put it together...I thought that was going to happen, but it was difficult to really tell from the pics. Glad you were able to find it at this juncture and can pretty easily fix it.

J.B.;980730 wrote: [quoteMustard Man]Found one other issue. The hatch on the left will not clear the canopy as is. So, I will change how it hinges and it should be fine.

That's why I was asking for you to put it together...I thought that was going to happen, but it was difficult to really tell from the pics. Glad you were able to find it at this juncture and can pretty easily fix it.[/QUOTE]

Oh I know. I have been wanting to test fit it for some time but when you are the only male in the house (except one of the cats and one of the dogs) it is a bit tough. Now do I want to hinge it to the left away from the tank or to the right towards the tank???? I am leaning to the right (just like my politics) but it won't open a full 90 which means modifying the hold open.

Nah, have it open to the left, which will also provide you more room to run a mag cleaner in that area.

Back