Rich's 120 Build.

Soak them in a plastic tub of muriatic acid for a bit. Rinse, soak with prime and let dry.

Bgcoop8784;973944 wrote: yup, it's used for cleaning concrete....beware, it's going to put off some serious fumes

Yep. An outside job for sure. It will kill anything that's on the rocks.

10-4. I will pick some up tomorrow. What concentration? How long should it soak?

Before...
IMG900.jpg
alt="" />

Add water...
IMG907.jpg
alt="" />

Get Muriatic Acid and gloves...
IMG905.jpg
alt="" />

Add acid...whoa!
IMG903.jpg
alt="" />

New clean rocks...
IMG1050.jpg
alt="" />

The bins I used were plastic and there was no adverse effects...However, do not do this on your driveway, as when you dump the bins, it WILL etch your driveway

What did you do with it when done JB? I am on a septic system so pouring it down the drain is not a good option.

I was thinking the same thing. I'm not a chemist by no means. However, I believe when you mix muriatic acid and plastic; you'll end up with a Chernobyl in your backyard. In J.B.'s case, his driveway :eek: .

Wannabee

Butch;974086 wrote: It etched a hole in one of the bins too.
I was thinking the same thing. I'm not a chemist by no means. However, I believe when you mix muriatic acid and plastic; you'll end up with a Chernobyl in your backyard. In J.B.'s case, his driveway :eek: .

Wannabee

Making a bit of progress after doing chores all morning. What do you think?

junubyva.jpg
alt="" />

e9e2y6e2.jpg
alt="" />

6y6yha7y.jpg
alt="" />

I'm diggin' it! The tile is going to give it a very classy look. Not to mention, that little lip around the tank will give a place to set your IceHouse and mustard. :tongue:

Probably personal preference, but in the last picture, what are you going to do to finish-off that vertical edge? I'd figure that out and do it, and then tile to it. If you put the tile down and then put a corner mold on top of the tile, it's going to look like the mold was an afterthought, whereas if it's done prior, the grout will go to the mold and look better. Again, that's just my preference...I'll go pound sand if need be.

That's going to look real good Rich...especially when the light bleeds over and shines off of the tiles.

+1 on what J.B. said on the vertical edge.

You talking about the back edge against the tank? If so, there will be a strip of wood between the tile and the tank.

Back