Rich's 120 Build.

grouper therapy;982206 wrote: Are going to clear topcoat the glaze?

Yes. Need some advice on spraying it. Do shoot it straight out of the can our thin it a bit? Recommendations on what to use?

Bgcoop8784;982222 wrote: I really like the look. This is really giving me some great ideas for a tank for our bedroom. I can't decide between the antique ivory or my wife wants something green, but looking great.
You could do a distressed look, with the ivory on top, and green below, heres a dresser I turned into a tv stand for my pintrest obsessed wife

image%281%29.jpeg
alt="" />

Rich, the glaze job looks great, it can be hard to get it on without looking too streaky, you out did my attempts :up:

Thanks man. I appreciate it. Today I need to finish the stand and the doors. Once I get the clear coat complete it will be on to reselling the tank. Never done that before either. LOL

rdnelson99;982245 wrote: Thanks man. I appreciate it. Today I need to finish the stand and the doors. Once I get the clear coat complete it will be on to reselling the tank. Never done that before either. LOL

Are you selling your tank? I think you meant to say "resealing" not reselling the tank. I guess it was early in the morning when you wrote this; you hadn't had your first cup of ........

Wannabee

WannabeeaReefKeeper;982259 wrote: Are you selling your tank? I think you meant to say "resealing" not reselling the tank. I guess it was early in the morning when you wrote this; you hadn't had your first cup of ........

Wannabee

LOL. I had plenty of coffee but apparently autocorrect needed another cup. :)

Awesome job Rich. It looks amazing. You have earned yourself an Icehouse or three.

Only three??? :-( LOL

Couldn't resist laying the tile in temporarily.

1e9374c426dc98d94a69085f82bc96ec.jpg
alt="" />

2bc808de9bbc3217fc9bb606ce385ccf.jpg
alt="" />

Looking really nice, Rich...that treatment gives it a really rich look(&lt;--- see what I did there)</em> How are you going to go about setting/grouting the tile?

Going to use construction adhesive to set it and the just be very careful when I grout it. I don't think standard tile thin set would adhere to the wood so I am hoping the construction adhesive will do the trick n

Cut you a sacrificial piece of wood trim to go along the exposed edge of tile and then just use painters tape to keep it in place. For that matter you could probably just tack it down with some little brads. Grout it and then when dry remove...should leave you a nice edge with no seepage. May even want to put you a line of painters tape down before the sacrificial trim just in case...should make clean-up a bit easier if you do get some seeping.

J.B.;982341 wrote: Cut you a sacrificial piece of wood trim to go along the exposed edge of tile and then just use painters tape to keep it in place. For that matter you could probably just tack it down with some little brads. Grout it and then when dry remove...should leave you a nice edge with no seepage. May even want to put you a line of painters tape down before the sacrificial trim just in case...should make clean-up a bit easier if you do get some seeping.

Good idea. :)

Butch;982360 wrote: Don't make his head any bigger...he just got lucky that all...nothing more! lol

LOL. Got to throw him a bone now and then. After all, he is from Texas. Isn't that enough punishment for one person. :)

rdnelson99;982211 wrote: Yes. Need some advice on spraying it. Do shoot it straight out of the can our thin it a bit? Recommendations on what to use?
I like a precat Lacquer but that mey pull up your finish, Was it water base?

rdnelson99;982381 wrote: Yes water base primer, paint and glaze.
Then most definitely a water base topcoat. I'd spray a lacquer. General finishes has nice product. Can be found at Woodcraft.

Back