Rich's 120 Build.

Happy late birthday Rich!!! It was nice have the talk for just a few minutes at the meeting, will be contacting you sooner or later for the electrical job that I was talking you about it. Thank you.

Stand is coming along nicely men good job!!!

rdnelson99;984771 wrote: Picked up my first coral colony for this tank. Well ok I haven't picked it up yet. :). But, made a deal to take it as payment for some electrical work I am doing next weekend. Nice sized Frogspawn colony.

Guess I better get this thing finished soon huh?
Just a nice size huh... that thing is massive. .

Well I think I can say the stand and canopy are 100% complete now. Tonight I grouted the tile. Can't think of anything else I need to do. Next step reseal the tank and then start plumbing and mounting equipment.

8fefbf0a2c235f5e1479561720c323c2.jpg
alt="" />

Now that it is complete I figured I would post a pick of my second and third best tools.

80ef1c107fa3406cd02c11ba7dafd5a3.jpg
alt="" />

Tile looks great. Cant wait to see it together and full of water. I may have to copy this on the next stand I build.

rdnelson99;985622 wrote: Now that it is complete I figured I would post a pick of my second and third best tools.

80ef1c107fa3406cd02c11ba7dafd5a3.jpg
alt="" />

I was waiting for that picture of the Ice...... Jobs not complete until the cap comes off the bottle. I see you've completed the task now. Well done. I see that there is enough tile around the tank to hold several Ice.... Let me know when the open house is; after the tank has cycled of course :D .

Wannabee

P.S. Fourth best tool; mustard of course.

Time to reseal the tank. Here is the before and during pics.

071d3a66458b7c9957cd0de1b280f08a.jpg
alt="" />

610ca00e19477f838bd10200991538f4.jpg
alt="" />

ed38eba1d2f5215d7cf053ecd38d289a.jpg
alt="" />

53904cd844fb1b537b443c1834c4fb34.jpg
alt="" />

Nice job! Did you redo the front two or all the seals? I thought I read somewhere that you were going to take the panels apart and put fresh silicone in there.

Butch;986685 wrote: Nice job! Did you redo the front two or all the seals? I thought I read somewhere that you were going to take the panels apart and put fresh silicone in there.

No just the front two. Don't think I want to try tackle taking it apart by myself. LOL.

I say that you got the special price, some nice pieces in there. I'm glad to hear you finally got that unloaded from the wife's trunk, was she started to complain?

Sewer Urchin;986737 wrote: I say that you got the special price, some nice pieces in there. I'm glad to hear you finally got that unloaded from the wife's trunk, was she started to complain?

LOL. No it has been sitting in the dump trailer for my riding lawnmower for a couple months. Just wasn't getting enough sun and I wanted to spray it down. I was shocked when I went to pick it up. I wasn't expecting near that much or that quality of pieces.

rdnelson99;986689 wrote: No just the front two. Don't think I want to try tackle taking it apart by myself. LOL.

I cannot imagine that the back seals need that much attention since there probably wasn't that much scraping and scrubbing going on back there. Probably pretty well protected by the overflow covers. Unless it has set empty for an extremely long time, and you can see it peeling away, I wouldn't pay it all that much attention.

But if you do decide to do it, it shouldn't be that bad. The overflow covers should come off pretty quickly with a razor and some elbow grease... They are not structural in most cases, and can be removed without worries. Just try not to damage the bottom seal when taking them off.

Yeah the back seals are in decent shape and like you said, protected by the overflows. Going to let it sit for a few days then fill it with tap and make sure there are no leaks.

Then it is on to plumbing. Trying to decide exactly how I want to do that. I have three tanks to work with for sump design. May only use the 50 and make one a fresh water reservoir and the other a QT.

Back