Rich's 120 Build.

Some guy had it in storage at his parents house for a few years. They told him to get rid of it so he posted it for $40. I happened to be the lucky guy to respond first. :)

Been sick as a dog this weekend so I just did easy stuff here and there all weekend.

Rewired and hung the lights. Mounted the Apex stuff and the controllers and power bricks for the return pump and powerheads. Installed a little bit of wire management but still have more to do.

7f1ef1bef265211f0cd021d38ad468aa.jpg
alt="" />

d7d3e3e4b6101ec63c560ea3505e6b18.jpg
alt="" />

4bbb846992b517da0e96c374eb222960.jpg
alt="" />

3e2ff2ba996952f3ee0ac281c4d2b325.jpg
alt="" />

e3c7042aec83963d8370b38d81947b21.jpg
alt="" />

Yesterday I placed a large order with BRS which includes the diamond bit and bulk heads, strainers and a few other gadgets in need to plumb everything. This week I will try to figure out final layout of the sumps so I can drill them and plumb everything next weekend. Getting close. :)

Wasn't expecting to get anything done this weekend but..... Thought I would need to work all day tomorrow but finished most of it up today and Sunday at my Mother-in-Law's got canceled. So on deck for this weekend....

Drill the two tanks that will make up my sump and get all the plumbing complete. If I get far enough I will leak test before I install baffles in the sump to be sure I like where everything sits.

After figuring out how I want to plumb this it turns out I only need to drill one hole. But, the second tank needed to be raised a bit in order to get enough water for the skimmer. Skimmer requires about 14" of water and the main sump is 15". That tank is going to be pretty full. LOL. So, got the hole drilled and ran to town and picked up all the plumbing fittings. Lowes does cut glass but it is just too thin for my liking so I picked up a couple sheets of 1/4" acrylic that I can cut to size for sump baffles. Hoping to have water in this thing by tomorrow night. Might be a bit aggressive but you have to have goals right?

072cf71410adc0a71f8a5aff4a28a933.jpg
alt="" />

39b13d5539bdfb317efcbe390899011b.jpg
alt="" />

eff9d96282cfec80188bf119e24888a7.jpg
alt="" />

I'm with you and Brandon, that picture farm/window glass is not thick enough. I think that the acrylic should work work fine but if it makes you nervous I've got some 1/4 from an old 55 that leaked. I've drilled some ands used some for a sump but still have plenty.

Man, I'm happy for you, Rich. Seeing this build thread coming to a close.

Now for the questions. What size hole on you sump did you go with? Are you going with thread on thread for your bulkheads?

Have you decided whom will be part of the new neighborhood :D ? That is, what is your list of fish (the neighborhood) and the sequence of arrival to their new home?

Wannabee

Not worried about the 1/4" acrylic. That's what I used on the last one and it was fine. As for inhabitants, I am not sure yet. Last time my tank was a bunch of rescues or ones people just wanted to get rid of cheap. I kind of liked that. We will see what mood I am in when the time comes.

JBDreefs;989541 wrote: Successful test?

Sorta. LOL. No leaks but one overflow. The DC pump was set at its highest setting when it started. The drain lines handled it but the single 1" between the two sump tanks didn't. Plus, the water level in the first of the sumps is just to close for comfort. To get the water line to the minimum required by the skimmer puts me at a full tank. Any gurgling and it splashes over. The second tank is on a plate form that I can lower but that will mean I am less than optimum on the skimmer.

So at the least, I will drill both tanks and add a second 1" connecting pipe. But I may look for a deeper tank for the first sump and turn this one into a QT.

Getting closer. Lots of odds and ends to button up but it is plumbed and leak tested. Here are a couple vids showing the progress. Wire management is still ongoing. LOL

https://vimeo.com/109372200">https://vimeo.com/109372200</a>

[IMG]https://vimeo.com/109373035">https://vimeo.com/109373035</a>

Man, I'm happy for you, Rich. Seeing this build thread coming to a close.

Now for the questions. What size hole on you sump did you go with? Are you going with thread on thread for your bulkheads?

Have you decided whom will be part of the new neighborhood :D ? That is, what is your list of fish (the neighborhood) and the sequence of arrival to their new home? :D

Wannabee

Thanks man. I appreciate it. I also got the back of the tank painted today.

bf107f6f283eef459077a33f753ca90c.jpg
alt="" />

Back