Rich's 120 Build.

Thanks Mann we are getting close. May be ready to set it in the house next week end and start making some water and work on rock scape. But, my mother-in-law will be here all weekend so time may be an issue. Need to find someone in the hood willing to do a little heavy lifting.

Tonight's mini- project......DIY fully adjustable float clip. Next on the list....probe holder & dosing tube holder.

610f2b23a4cbe66654ba106a8480b799.jpg
alt="" />
b431b725d35a4a33d26f0f18eb9677ce.jpg
alt="" />

Cadmium plated from my junk bin. LOL. I am going to pick up some nylon bolts over the next few days but this will allow me to get tied into the Apex and check programming.

Alright Rich. I just reread the entire thread looking for your details on the lighting (that you promised), and found no details. The pictures looked intriguing though.

Oh sorry. LOL

(2) DIY P47 LED Fixtures from ReefLEDLights (15 white, 30 blue in each unit). Don't ask me what I paid for them. :). It was a package deal with the Apex. A very good friend set me up.

Here is the $40 worth of rock in the tank. Like my rocks cape??

6ed0de90defdf7a002c3ee5f89e780f9.jpg
alt="" />

What? You don't like that?? Ok I will redo it after its soaks in the vinegar water for a few days. :)

rdnelson99;992327 wrote: Tonight's mini- project......DIY fully adjustable float clip. Next on the list....probe holder & dosing tube holder.

610f2b23a4cbe66654ba106a8480b799.jpg
alt="" />
b431b725d35a4a33d26f0f18eb9677ce.jpg
alt="" />

Rich,
I'd like to see those screws changed out to brass or plastic, those would start to rust quick.
Good job on the bracket.

You didn't read all the way. LOL. They are temporary. I picked up nylon bolts and wing nuts yesterday. They will be changed in the next couple days. :)

rdnelson99;992657 wrote: You didn't read all the way. LOL. They are temporary. I picked up nylon bolts and wing nuts yesterday. They will be changed in the next couple days. :)

Lol, by the time I was done writing and posted it, you posted the response already, I'm a little slow;)

Rich, post 339 is missing something out front. The colored tiles are not being utilized to their fullest potential. The solution to the problem is (Ice + House) = :D :yes: :D :D

WannabeeaReefKeeper;992685 wrote: Rich, post 339 is missing something out front. The colored tiles are not being utilized to their fullest potential. The solution to the problem is (Ice + House) = :D :yes: :D :D

That's because it was in my hand. :)

Rich, let me know if you need any help with Apex ATO programming. I found some decent stuff on the Apex forum. Are you using the floats as a low/on and high/off setup?

No I am using the bottom float as an on/off with a defer and the top as an emergency cut off. If I was doing this as a purely electrical circuit, I would configure it as a "Holding Circuit" but the apex is basically a mini-PLC (Programmable Logic Control) that if programmed properly eliminates the need for a holding circuit. It also allows for a more precise control as long as you allow enough lag to eliminate short cycling due to turbulence. Having said all that, I would love to see your programming code. Please post it here so all can see.

^^^^^ Yes, as Rich has spoken; post the program code here. If you can, post the links also where you read about the program code.

Wannabee

This is a great post that I pretty much copied to a T and has been working great for me.
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2214766&highlight=switch">http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2214766&highlight=switch</a>

So here is my actual code.

Switch1_Low (Virtual)
[QUOTE=]Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Sw1 CLOSED Then OFF
If Sw1 OPEN Then ON[/QUOTE]

Switch2_High (Virtual)
[QUOTE=]Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Sw2 OPEN Then ON
[/QUOTE]

ATO_Pump (Outlet)
[QUOTE=]Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Sw1 OPEN Then ON
If Sw1 CLOSED Then OFF
If Sw2 OPEN Then OFF
Defer 002:00 Then ON
Min Time 005:00 Then OFF[/QUOTE]I'm going to reverse my Switch1_Low programming because I've read on multiple occasions that if a switch wire or the cable from the breakout box is disconnected, the switch will show as open.

So with revised coding that I'll do tonight it will look like this

Switch1_Low (Virtual)
Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Sw1 OPEN Then OFF
If Sw1 CLOSED Then ON

Switch2_High (Virtual)
Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Sw2 OPEN Then ON

ATO_Pump (Outlet)
Fallback OFF