a3ahareh.jpg
alt="" />

u2e3avy2.jpg
alt="" />

unygabup.jpg
alt="" />

hasage8y.jpg
alt="" />

Equipment is coming together a lot quicker than expected. :)

Got my skimmer a couple weeks ago, going with a DC pump, powerheads and doser in the Jebao group buy. And to top it off.... Just made a great deal on lights and an apex from a great friend. When I have a little more time I will put together a detailed list.

Items left to pick up, heaters, reactor or two, maybe a couple of float switches, sump and all plumbing.

Sounds/looks like it's all coming together nicely, Rich...can't wait to see this project complete.

J.B.;972337 wrote: Sounds/looks like it's all coming together nicely, Rich...can't wait to see this project complete.

Thank you sir. I am looking forward to it also.

now that looks like a tank stand!!!!!!

Can't wait to see this come together.

you weren't "out" for very long,,,,,once you you have the itch, ...well you know.....

Dennis

LOL Just couldn't stay out. Going about it a bit differently this time though.

Forgot to list that I still needed to find rock. Want to go with bleached to ensure no pests. Good news is, just purchased aprox 75 lbs for $40. Can't beat that with a stick!!! :)

Rich:

BRS has free shipping on orders above $49.00 until midnight (CST) tonight. You could pick up some Pukani dry rock and not have to spend the usual $199.00 to get the free shipping.

Wannabee

Yes but how much would the rock cost per pound. I kind of like the "just over $.50" per pound price I paid. :)

Look like $40 worth to you? :)

nuqeza8a.jpg
alt="" />

There are some nice pieces in there.

jtsreef;973841 wrote: You could but it's rock. So I'm sure you will break the stick

LOL. This is pretty porous rock. Bet the stick could hole its own. Hard to tell in that pic but there is more than I expected and some really nice stuff. Going to be fun playing with aqua scape options. Time to look for some acrylic rods.

rdnelson99;973842 wrote: LOL. This is pretty porous rock. Bet the stick could hole its own. Hard to tell in that pic but there is more than I expected and some really nice stuff. Going to be fun playing with aqua scape options. Time to look for some acrylic rods.
I may have some here

Bgcoop8784;973883 wrote: if you need something local, you can also use the fiberglass driveway reflector rods or staff signs (atleast that's what I think they are called) that they sell at Lowes, normally only a couple bucks for a 48" x 0.375" rod.

i think walmart sells them too

Good idea.

Oh yeah. Need to look up the best ways to bleach it and prepare it. I have time while I finish the stand and other prep work.

Dude... your wife is gonna kill you for stuffing all that junk in her trunk.

Oh yeah. Need to look up the best ways to bleach it and prepare it. I have time while I finish the stand and other prep work.

Maybe give calcium hypochlorite ( Swimming pool Chlorine) a try, if you do it, DO IT OUTSIDE- IT IS STRONG STUFF. Please research it a little before you do, or feel free to give me a call and I'll tell you what I did and what I was concerned about. It's the same stuff that they use for Drinking water treatment (depending on your municipality). The Walmart up here just put the pool stuff on sale.

The fiberglass driveway markers work great, I got mine from Home Depot and used hydraulic cement to "morter" the pieces together. Also, used some 3/4 CPVC and heated it to get a curve that looked pretty cool, then drilled some rocks and stacked them on and finally glued them together with the hydro cement - might be a cool way to hide some returns?

Back