Shallow reef to scale 1st look

BrandonMason;1033177 wrote: I see you went with hqi, any plans for actinics? Xm makes a good 20k bulb with good par.

No plans yet aside from the MH. I'm basically going to mount the lights on a mount = from the middle and suspend that through a drop ceiling. That will leave lots of room for upgrades / tweaks later.

I was thinking about Phoenix 14k, but I haven't decided yet. I'm in no hurry to get lights running..... Have plenty of cycle to go through

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phoenix 14 all the way!!!

Glad you getting salt in a tank again Brandon!!! Been waiting until you come back with those amazing sps corals you had, btw watch out with the new trending AEFW brrrr!!!
You'll be doing a quarantine setup too?

5be6fc3f88127c758cb3c4c109078a56.jpg
alt="" />

Still super rough... But baby steps

Lights!!! Mounted! No lamps haha... But lights are mounted. Room on the rail for LED cans if I wanted to add later
4e575586fbaf56b6ee96ad223c2f3cf0.jpg
alt="" />

67603c650dcc9c47bc7d534398a0f1f6.jpg
alt="" />

811d3ef6a657d87f68650e3e137f1cb4.jpg
alt="" />

Thanks guys. Its nothing fancy, but I want form to follow function here... I can easily add other lights and fans to that set up or move it up and down as needed. They lights are a little high on purpose ... I only have 14 inches of water or so, so I think higher up with better spread will benefit me more than low hot intensity .

I got my refractometer calibration fluid today.. so I'm heading down there to get it right right now.

I'm going to try to start my cycle by dosing amino acids .. not sure if that will work or if it will get skimmed out too fast.

I've also been staring my sand to get as much dust out as possible and into the skimmer and filter sock before adding anything live in there.

ok.. i have my salinity spot on as best I can tell.
Now... waiting on cycle.

I have the middle section of my sump filled with matrix, so hopefully it will colonize quickly and be a valuable asset in the future.

SnowManSnow;1033997 wrote: Lights!!! Mounted! No lamps haha... But lights are mounted. Room on the rail for LED cans if I wanted to add later
4e575586fbaf56b6ee96ad223c2f3cf0.jpg
alt="" />

67603c650dcc9c47bc7d534398a0f1f6.jpg
alt="" />

811d3ef6a657d87f68650e3e137f1cb4.jpg
alt="" />

I'm also thinking of replacing these particular tiles with vent tiles so that the heat and escape easily , both the room and the tank.

Hide the halide wires if you can.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MvM;1034481 wrote: Hide the halide wires if you can.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not really a place to put them

SnowManSnow;1034508 wrote: Not really a place to put them

You could always put an outlet in the ceiling for them.

Following along. I'll be setting up a rimless tank soon and I like how your tank has turned out

Back