Vics CD 180G Peninsula

Dinos are gone!!! Thank goodness. Now just some green cyano, which I don’t mind one bit. FTS of display.

also, swapped out my lights on the RS to sell off the hydras and or3 for some more powerful lights.

Attachments

• IMG_6646.jpeg
    IMG_6646.jpeg
    109 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_6649.jpeg
    IMG_6649.jpeg
    367.9 KB · Views: 85
That's a awesome tank. One more fish to add and I'll be ready for some corals, maybe I can get a few pointers from you

Last edited:
That's a awesome tank. One more fish to add and I'll be ready for some corals, maybe I can get a few pointers from you
I feel like adding fish is probably the most stressful part of this hobby. Even with copper and QT, I still get paranoid during the process.

Corals just needs stability to be successful.

What kind of tank are you doing and how do you plan to maintain your parameters?

Actually I haven't made it that far, what's your thoughts?
Well, long term for high demand systems, calcium reactors will make more sense, but for med / low demand systems dosing 2 part or all for reef would work as well.

Here is my take from my personal experience between 2part and Calcium reactors:
Calcium reactors
  • con - high upfront cost, more equipment needed
  • con - steep learning curve
  • pro - easier maintenance
    • annual - clean and replenish media
    • monthly - tune / adjust according to demand
    • testing - only alk is needed since crx replenishes parameters in proportional ratios for alk consumption
  • pro - annual cost is much less - only calc media needed, I spend maybe $30 a year in media now?
2 part
  • pro - med / low upfront cost depending on dosing pump
  • pro - shallow learning curve
  • con - med / high maintenance
    • mixing, storing, replenishing media / fluids
    • testing - alk, calc, mag
    • tuning can be a pain - at least for me, for some reason alk and calc consumption would get thrown off every now and then
  • con - higher annual cost
    • 2 part media can add up quickly depending on demand
I can't speak for all for reef, but I assume with its simplicity as a single solution, the media cost is going to be a lot higher than 2 part.

You need to get a frag of Heart of the Ocean. That’s the bluest acro I’ve seen…it’s incredible

Back