What did you do to your tank today

looked at all my coral in my dads tank that i moved from mine to his about 2 weeks ago.... My tank used to be one of the baddest tanks around(considering i am 17) , and his use to be the glorified fish bowl. Now his is way nicer....

gnashty;513692 wrote: Upgraded skimmer!! :yay: from a coralife ss 150 to an MRC MR2 with 2 injectors! just waiting on the pump..upgraded the sump too just not finished yet.

Traded in your Focus for a Ferrari! I'm jealous of you... my upgrade is a long time from coming together... my MRC has been sitting there so long I'm thinking of putting a lampshade on it!

set up the 55gal
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
513803=24158-55gal reef.jpg
>
513803=24158-55gal reef.jpg
class="gc-images" title="55gal reef.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

I modified the sump today/yesterday so I could run filter socks...

I'll post pictures in my build thread when I get the chance..

Siphoned detritus from frag tank.
Replaced pump on Sandie's skimmer, and cleaned the glass and did a WC for her. Changed my sump/fuge light, and put a second timer on the frag lights for dusk/dawn (thanks to a 1:00 am Wal Mart run with Ansley).
Changed media in Phosban reactor and started running RO in the Brute to make the next batch of water.

Also watching my new ORA striped blenny (meiacanthus grammistes). Cool little fish... the way he finds vertical hiding places he must think he's a jawfish. Thanks for the sale, Tim!

Finally got the other MH bulb replaced tonight... both fresh at long last.

Cleaned the twin brother of the frag tank above and checked size for bulkheads.
This will be my frag setup til the stupid 90 is back up...

LilRobb;514612 wrote: Cleaned the twin brother of the frag tank above and checked size for bulkheads.

Remember to water test it! That one was dry for proabably a few years. If you have issues, let me know. I can come over any afternoon and help my buddy.

Holds vinegar just fine - so my assumption is, it will hold water too! Lol

LilRobb;514616 wrote: Holds vinegar just fine - so my assumption is, it will hold water too! Lol

Good... that means I can keep the third one. :D It may become a garden eel tank in my it-will-happen-someday big system!

Mmmmmm garden eels!
Rob good to see ya back in it. So......when's the big guy going up?

I purchased a used MR-2 Skimmer with dual injectors... now, how am I going to put that beast under the tank and convince the little lady that it was there all along....

I was thinking.... "it was behind the Chiller, you just couldn't see it"... look at it, you can tell it's been there a while... LOL

HA HA!. Be sure to pre-fill the skimmer cup for that extra shot of realism

LilRobb;514612 wrote: Cleaned the twin brother of the frag tank above and checked size for bulkheads.

What happened to the 90??

Also I'm about to completely clean everything, skimmer, ATO, glass, 20 water change, and move corals around. Got the grandparents flying in tonight.

Added another modded Tunze 6025 to the right side. Still waiting to find a deal on a Nano-Wavebox and I think I'll be set on flow, finally...

Cursed it out!
Really need to hook up the big ole sump Eric is building me right now, my parameters are the same as in a sewer...

Barbara;515670 wrote: I traded it for a 4 wheeler! (Well, technically I "started" that yesterday, but if you count what time I got home this morning, it was actually "today").

:lol2:Keep that rubber down girl... no ER visits...!

Picked up a nice MRC Kalk reactor from Mark, along with a second ATO for Sandie's tank. Putting them both online tonight. Oh, and another batch of epoxy to work on the swiss cheese calcium reactor.

Back