What did you do to your tank today

added a 13lb piece of LR that is a cave, has top bottom and sides never seen a piece that looks this way really cool and doin a water change

Got rid of the last hermit crab in my tank. Only about the size of a nickel, but he's been systematically slaughtering my snails. All of my nerites and most of my ceriths and nassarius have been murdered, so my tank is getting dirty from leftover food.

I HAD an extra-large CUC to make up for the fact that my yellow watchman goby won't notice one or two little pellets floating down to him...oh, nooo...he's gotta have a whole cloud before he'll move. >:-(

Staring at it thinking I need to do a water change right now... before the day is out, on both tanks, I swear!

did a WC on my 24g. vacuumed sand. Scrubbed the glass inside and out. cleaned the cover over the lights and removed excess shells.
Picked up frags from the sand in the 110.

I took the Aqualifter off the ATO (since it can't run long enough before timing out on the JBJ) and replaced with an MJ400... and hooked the chiller back up for the summer. :(

15g WC a few minutes ago, tidied up some plumbing to the chiller, and dug the chaeto out of the intake of my skimmer feed pump... which means I'll be up even longer to readjust it so it doesn't overflow.

Dosed cal, omegas, and pro skimmer, fed fish, mag floated glass, Starred in awe for a few min, fed fish again(they dig the elos food) and fragged up some zoas to take to B tomorrow.

moved the chiller outside the base cabinet...

there's CRAZY room under there now...I've got to upgrade my skimmer now, I've got to upgrade my sump now.. I'm gonna be busy filling that void...

pulled a sick clown this morning and dropped him off with Optimum, and just analyzed the pinkish/yellow algae to determine if it just the cycle of it or if I need to do a 5g WC tonight/tomorrow

Made some red planet frags, took out some empty snail shells and was attacked by an angry female Godstriped Maroon :confused2:.

Ayveq;513673 wrote: Picked up corals AGAIN from the sand bed....darn damsel....... Better buy more coral cement tomorrow.

Want a couple maroon clowns to go with that Damsel? They think they have to rub on EVERY coral in the tank. :roll: Even broke lose a birdsnest this morning, and now have discovered my new duncans :mad2:

Upgraded skimmer!! :yay: from a coralife ss 150 to an MRC MR2 with 2 injectors! just waiting on the pump..upgraded the sump too just not finished yet.

gnashty;513692 wrote: Upgraded skimmer!! :yay: from a coralife ss 150 to an MRC MR2 with 2 injectors! just waiting on the pump..upgraded the sump too just not finished yet.

what flow do you run on a MR2 with 2 injectors ? (how much higher than with a single injector? )

Back