What did you do to your tank today

not much today, as the system was dark when I left this morning.. (checked the level in the sump, that's it)

turned my lights back on...they have been off for a few days

Lots of maintance today..

25 gallon water change
Cleaned sump
Cleaned mixing can
Emptied 4.5 gallons of skimmate
Cleaned cup and body of the skimmer..

Trust me.. You wouldn't want to clean the skimmer.. Neck had about 3/4" of build up! :(

I discovered that my beautiful Yellow Watchman Goby is morphing into a more drab female. :( If I get another YWG, will one of them stay male and keep the gorgeous colors?

Checked on my Turf Algae Scrubber that I installed a few days ago. It's growing algae!
100_7873.jpg
alt="" />
Finished putting up a shelf for my fish supplies over my water cans. Made Saltwater. Oh so nice, just turn a valve to fill the saltwater can. I want to run lines to my tank now. Getting lazy. LOL!
100_7875.jpg
alt="" />
Dosed, topped off, and fed my fish.

Removed the Tunze of Death(hurt my BTA badly) and removed the MJ1200 and added a mp40

Cleaned The Tank And Fed My Fish... :up:

sb5v0l.jpg
alt="" />

Please Excuse The Glare From My 12G DX And The Crappy iPhone Shot... :yuk:

This Shot Was Taken Last Week. I Should Have All New Bulbs And Hopefully Some More Livestock After This Weekends Carnival Of Savings At Marine Fish. Ive Yet To Add The Frags I Picked Up At Rits This Weekend Either. What You Guys Think? :D

Lol Sweet thread! Got up and starred at the tank for a few min, then checked the calander, dosed cal, iodine, alk, carbs, and amminos. Oh by the way, I love the Elos line I've switched too. So do my corals!

I finished my plumbing and stood back in excitement only to see the ball valves sitting on the ground beside it. Well tomorrow morning will be fun re-living that moment

Well, I added some crushed coral to the front of my tank, leaving my sugar sized under my rock work and on my sides and rear for my wrasses. popped in a Potters Leopard Wrasse this evening. Watched my Christmas Wrasse try to destroy my potters. Cut the lights out, hummmm.

Added a harlequin shrimp (finally!!!), 2 peppermint shrimp (one carrying eggs), a fighting conch, and a <u><span style="font-size: 11px">tiny</span></u> six-line wrasse, I mean, maybe 1.5" at most.

Fed some nori for my foxface (do this twice a day, he goes through 1/2 sheet a day by himself).

Dosed my VSV.

Emptied the skimmer jug (1g milk jug).

About to add some kalk to the reactor.

mag foated glass, hopped in the airplane and flew to cartersville to pickup the fragpack i bought, dipped all the new frags then overloaded my frag rack. this thing is fn FULL! now i have no choice but to setup the frag tank! i will begin the trips to lowes shortly! notice the s on trips! i always make 500 trips when i start plumbing!

stoney1118;507855 wrote: mag foated glass, hopped in the airplane and flew to cartersville to pickup the fragpack i bought, dipped all the new frags then overloaded my frag rack. this thing is fn FULL! now i have no choice but to setup the frag tank! i will begin the trips to lowes shortly! notice the s on trips! i always make 500 trips when i start plumbing!

Do you fly to Lowes as well??:) That could get pricey!!

on the 30 cube: Did a 10 gallon WC, vacuumed sand bed, cleaned the T5 light protector. built shelf under stand...installed vortech MP10W ES (WOW) installen Reef keeper lite 3, having some issues...right now its just an expensive surge protector lol

Acclimated a Bi Blenny to wifes 8 gallon Biocube

It was a longgggg day :)

Back