What did you do to your tank today

Put some fans on the frag system and installed another Tunze Osmolator.
Need some BRS magnets BAD - hope the PB can launch soon, haha

Also cleaned basement and had help getting basement doors cut to size (thanks Dave!!).

Fixed last leak on system too, now time to get water parameters up to par and collect frags back from my friends! LOL

I took the Condy Nem back to the LFS after a great couple of months with it. It just got too big. Also picked up some black mollies and acclimating them to saltwater (4 hours so far) life and also got a pair of semi-Picasso/Picasso clowns! One is semi and the other is full. very young and color is not fully developed yet

To be honest, my partner was fascinated that they could be converted from fresh water to salt water. We also have a couple macro algaes that the tangs wont pick at so I hope they pick at it. But for the most part it is kinda a science experiment for my partner lol... they are by far not my favorite fish haha and will never be!

I am the one who decides on what we put in the tank for the most part, though I do run it past him first, so this was solely his idea. I told him if he wanted them, I want a picasso pair that I have been bugging him for for awhile now.

Good trade for the picasso's! It will be fun. They do mow down some algae. Keep us updated and thanks again for coming over to this site. I love reading stories like this

Watching my Harlequin shrimp walk up and down the back wall (not sure how he's pulling that off since he's about 12" from a modded Tunze, almost in direct flow...) gorging himself on starfish. Eat my pretty, eat!

Filling 5g water container to bring over to BigC07's tomorrow, and filling my 5g and 3x 1g containers for my Aquapod in my room. Also gotta fill the top off container for my 90, but that will do itself tomorrow if I forget tonight.

I'm looking for one of those kent's 5g aquadose containers for a topoff if you see one.

I ordered a container from US Plastics and installed a bulkhead for the 1/4" RO/DI poly line. Now I'm waiting on my Tunze Osmolator pump to show up so I can set up an ATO on the Aquapod. Run a big ole fan behind it and can keep temps well below 75 if needed, but will likely aim for right at 75 degrees.

Now I'm trying to find a UV light that will be sufficient for like 25 gallons and be HOB.

small turbo twist or just brown bag it. I kid. Will be on the lookout for ya

Nah, looking at an 8w Aqua UV for the setup. Figured I might as well not cheap out on this setup, since it's in my room.

Lets see, saturday SmallBlock and I broke down my 90 gallon and moved it and reset-up over at my girlfriends house. Maybe now I will actually be able to care for it the way it needs to be done. If not, next step is a part out. Ended up changing roughly 50 gallons of water. The few corals I have are looking good and the GBTA is loving its new location, DIRECTLY under those overdriven icecap T5's. Time to add a cleanup crew and some fish! :)

BIG Thank you to Blake for helping me out!!!

No prob bud, I turned on my 8 bulb t-5s that i put over my brothers tank to support the nem and watched the fish and skrimps play bumper cars! Idiots those pcs didnt blind them at all in the morning lol. Never seen the blood red shrimp act like that. He jumped out of his cave rolled in the sand and headed straight for the glass bam i know he has a head ache.

yesterday I added a pretty large Orange Monti colony that I got from a member. I also got an interesting hitchiker - a regal blue tang..

he was buried down in between the folds of the monti..

Rbredding;520325 wrote: yesterday I added a pretty large Orange Monti colony that I got from a member. I also got an interesting hitchiker - a regal blue tang..

:eek:

Wuh wuh WHAT?!?

Rbredding;520325 wrote: yesterday I added a pretty large Orange Monti colony that I got from a member. I also got an interesting hitchiker - a regal blue tang..

That sounds like the first hitchhiker I'd feel like I owed to return... well, actually, I can think of a few more I'd like to return also!

About to take my K4s apart and clean them... pretty yucky.

I called him the second I found the fish, but he was heading back down to the other side of the state.. "oh well, he's yours"... was the response I got..

I told him I'd paypal him something for it..

Back