What did you do to your tank today

Assault;521947 wrote: Sitting between my tow tanks watching the game. going crazy waiting for the work to start on my build, trying to figure out how to add a lil' more filtration in there.
More live rock and a nice skimmer should do the trick :D

cr500_af;522425 wrote: Took some PAR readings... not too bad. With all of the flow still on (surface moderately to heavily rippled): 750 surface (but still under water), 200 or just over on the sand. It was very hard to get the sensor at sand level without it having slight shading, so if it were unobstructed light I'd probably have seen a little more. Actually a little better than I was expecting with my lighting (PFO pendants, 250w 20KK Ushios on EVC ballasts).
Yo, where you get the PAR meeter from? After I get new bulbs in my tank I wanna get some readings as well.

Kirru;522429 wrote:
Yo, where you get the PAR meeter from? After I get new bulbs in my tank I wanna get some readings as well.

A super nice guy borrowed it from another super nice guy, and super nice guy number one was driving near my house anyway, and stopped in to test my tank (and refrigerator, but that's in another thread).

cr500_af;522433 wrote: A super nice guy borrowed it from another super nice guy, and super nice guy number one was driving near my house anyway, and stopped in to test my tank (and refrigerator, but that's in another thread).

well you get it back and tell that super nice guy to let me borrow it plz :D:lol2:

and i saw that other thread. i subscribe to it as well lol

noticed my stupid ebay special LED moonlight strip quit on me....it was a user error though.....forgot i had the wires mounted and zip-tied behind the tank.....pulled the dang wires out......after 20 minutes of trying to solder wire to what ended up being more plastic than anything....ripped that ______ thing off and threw it across the room......drain it in the trashcan......nothin but the bottom of the bag!!!!!!......w00t!!!!!....now to order another one from japan.....they work great cuz theyre flat and rubberized?......double sided tape mounts them under the T5 fixture so they arent blocking anything else.....to bad the shipping is more than the strip......BLAH!!!!.....oh and i feed my fish and filled my ATO container....

Rearranged the rock work. Now have a pile on the left and a pile on the right with a nice big open middle. I love open rock work. Picked up some coral frags and tired to glue them back down with the coral putty crap... going to get glue tomorrow. Topped off both the 80g and the 30g and fed the fishies...

I set up a 40g tank, got it just right, got the stand/tank just where i wanted it, put the sand in, and water in. 30minutes later I realized I forgot to paint the back of the tank black, sigh. It's gonna have to wait till morning.

Removed the two 250w MH reflectors and Ballasts, removed two actinic retrofit lights. Removed LED moonlights.
Added two Maxspec G2-160w LED lights.
Added cleaner shrimp.
Added flame angle.
Added tail spot blenny.

Fixin' to go prep some medicine for the copperband... evidently it bumped it's wittle head (or something else happened).

Mixed up a little bottle of VSV for my 90; I only make 50ml or so at a time so if I see effects like white algae, I can change recipes without much waste. Tested feeding tube in the 24 with the 3 stooges (damsels), since it will soon be a seahorse tank. They follow the food all the way down the tube and eat it out of the shell that is at the bottom of the tube.

I'm installing door stoppers tonight. I've had to keep a salt bucket in front of my 24 to keep the door to the bathroom from hitting it. Unfortunately, the salt bucket makes a nice perch for my cats, and their grubby paw prints get all over the glass.

Gonna write a letter to the post office...I was supposed to get my RKM-NET in the mail today, but all the "parcel boxes" are full at my complex because people are out of town for the summer. I'm going to make sure they know it's assinine that I, someone who is in town, have to visit the post office because others can't retrieve their mail. Especially when there have been times that the postal carrier has brought stuff to my door. I was waiting today and they didn't attempt, must've not felt like driving the extra 200ft...

found out that my highfin banded goby and his little pistol shrimp buddy are indeed alive....(theyve been in the tank for 2 months and this is the first ive seen of them).....and wished i hadnt mad my old and only mag float into a frag rack before i got another one.....im wee todd did

We did a water change, changed out the pad filter, cleaned out the skimmer...

...oh...

...AND ADDED FRIKKIN' METAL HALIDES!!!! YEAH, BABY! (pics are going up onto the build thread):headbang:

Changed frag tank lighting last night. Sandie is possiby going out of town next week and I'm preparing to practice magic... turning one RBTA into two!

Website Dave;524043 wrote: We did a water change, changed out the pad filter, cleaned out the skimmer...

...oh...

...AND ADDED FRIKKIN' METAL HALIDES!!!! YEAH, BABY! (pics are going up onto the build thread):headbang:

....with lay-zer beams on their heads?

Finally got the programming on my RKL so at 10am and 4pm the Tunze pumps turn off and synced it up with my automatic fish feeder so it dumps pellets when the pumps are off. Foxface went crazy when the food hit the water and he didn't have to chase it around. Clowns just had a stupid look on their faces as food floated down in front of em...

Didn't get equipment moved around like I wanted too, was just feeling lazy on my first day off in a while.

Water Change Day!!! and redid some rocks to make room for my trip to see rit this weekend!!!

Fed all my fishies! Checked on the RBTA & all look great. Plan to mag float the glass later today & pick up my scroll coral that a snail knocked over.

Back