What did you do to your tank today

Read the thread about auto feeders and dug this out of my box of fish stuff. After studying it for a bit, i figured out how to mount it on my center brace. Now I'll just have to adjust where my pumps are plugged in so they turn off before the food drops, and turn on again a few minutes after the food drops.

Hopefully over time the fish will figure out that when the pumps are off, it's feeding time!

Zip ties are the Duck Tape of the 21st century! Oh, and I fixed that wire that runs below the rim of the canopy in the background of this pic...
Aquachef.jpg
alt="" />

I would never have dreamed how much living stuff could be INSIDE a Koralia 4 that hasn't been turned off in three or four months. Wow! Bubble algae, amphipods, baby snails, vermetid snails, stomatella, those little bitty tube worm things... All of that came out of the first one I cleaned tonight. One down, one to go.

50% of frags are back in the 90 frag system - keeping my fingers and toes crossed that they are still alive tomorrow!
Sent pic for temp probe to Andy and got Colin's ASM skimmer back to work - note to self: "don't try to dry super glue by blowing at it" (or at least not that close to your mouth that it glues your lips to your TEETH!

Robb

LilRobb;520480 wrote: note to self: "don't try to dry super glue by blowing at it" (or at least not that close to your mouth that it glues your lips to your TEETH!

Robb

That sounds both painful, and hilarious...:lol2:

Fed the fishies, picked the veggie clips off the sand bc my tangs like to pull them off trying to get the last little bit of veggies out of them, picked up coral frags that the hermits like to knock over.. note to self pick up coral glue.. spray painted my rotifer growing station black and water tested it... stared at the fishies for any signs of anything... recorded a video of my b/w clowns harassing a hermit crab
watch

courterbobby;520568 wrote: Fed the fishies, picked the veggie clips off the sand bc my tangs like to pull them off trying to get the last little bit of veggies out of them, picked up coral frags that the hermits like to knock over.. note to self pick up coral glue.. spray painted my rotifer growing station black and water tested it... stared at the fishies for any signs of anything... recorded a video of my b/w clowns harassing a hermit crab http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpOLquQi11o">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpOLquQi11o</a>[/QUOTE]

Do you have a canopy? I installed small hooks and removed the suction cups from my veggie clips and used fishing line so they sway in the current. Keeps them from being pulled off the sides and also looks cleaner, IMO.

au01st;520572 wrote: Do you have a canopy? I installed small hooks and removed the suction cups from my veggie clips and used fishing line so they sway in the current. Keeps them from being pulled off the sides and also looks cleaner, IMO.

Good idea Ill do it!

Fed the tank, moved rocks looking for a frag, found RBTA instead, topped off water.. stared endlessly at the tank and fish and the nem.. tomorrow, goin to einstein's for salt and a another BTA for the fun of it :D

Assault;520491 wrote: an old army buddy of mines' girlfriend put super glue on his privates while he was sleeping, he woke up and put his hand down there and had to go to the hospital holding his privates. That is the funniest Super glue story I ever heard.:lol2:
THAT sounds personal... I'm sure that he deserved it... :lol2:

cr500_af;520343 wrote: I certainly hope a Regal fits your tank plans!

Luckily, I've got a 30L that's gonna be fish only and the Regal was less than 2".

courterbobby;521177 wrote: Ok I did something childish today..... I tapped on the glass at my fish :stups:

I did that the other day to get my pseudochromis to stop bullying a firefish... distraction is effective in his case.
I went to the first ever meeting where I did not come home with anything in a cooler!!

Worried over my new nem as it was deflated for pretty much since I got up today at 1p :D tho after cutting grass and getting a burger it went back to normal. it was takin a dump from the piece of krill I fed it. Just checked it I think it needs to be bigger. Both clowns can't fit on it peacefully lo. I think it is the woman causin problems. I also did a water change that was well over due. Found a good use for the aquavitro bucket lol also cleaned
the glass and scrapes off algae at the bottom near sandbed. Lolls cleaner. Just need to clean the outside class now.

I moved the frag racks down and scraped the coralline off that was growing between them and the glass... I can see my frags again!

I target fed my fish, that seems to be working out much better for me! And I searched and searched and searched for my new firefish with no luck. I guess I just won't be able to keep a firefish alive in my tank:sad:
On the bright side, I was able to show off both tanks and the frag tank to a friend who "has never seen that much live coral in a tank before"! Both of her girls were very excited to see a real live Nemo & Dory:)

Took some PAR readings... not too bad. With all of the flow still on (surface moderately to heavily rippled): 750 surface (but still under water), 200 or just over on the sand (24" depth). It was very hard to get the sensor at sand level without it having slight shading, so if it were unobstructed light I'd probably have seen a little more. Actually a little better than I was expecting with my lighting (PFO pendants, 250w 20KK Ushios on EVC ballasts).

Back