DSC_00095367.jpg
alt="" />
Couple of "end shots"
DSC_00205376.jpg
alt="" />
DSC_00195375.jpg
alt="" />
Sorry about the lights MH had turned off already so these were actinic only

Love that Powder Blue! Thanks for the sump pictures. I really like all the equipment that you have under the tank. Looks great. :) :) :)

P BLue= $89 P Brown = $49 Star Aquatics in Augusta
Between the 2 pumps I am rolling 7200 gallons per hour. you can always use more flow but i HATE power heads.

First off let me compliment you like everyone else on you unbelievable craftsmanship. You did an outstanding job on the tank.

Secondly

family reefer;42151 wrote: Star Aquatics in Augusta

Where is this place located? I'm only about an hour outside of Augusta and I was wanting to go check it out soon to see what they have to offer. Also, do they have a good selection of tanks, stands, equipment...or is it just livestock?

Thanks!

Where is this place located? I'm only about an hour outside of Augusta and I was wanting to go check it out soon to see what they have to offer. Also, do they have a good selection of tanks, stands, equipment...or is it just livestock?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

I hate to jump family reefer's thread, but I'll gladly answer your question.

Star Aquatics is just before the intersection of Washington Rd. and Bel Air Rd. in Evans, located in the Publix shopping center and backed by the Evans 14 Stadium Cinemas, owned and operated by Georgia Theatre Co. (Sorry for the shameless plug for my employer :) )

Jorge assisted me over a year ago on planning and plumbing my reef and was a great help. His store has an awesome selection of corals and fish, which can't be said about all stores. I drive from Warner Robins to visit Jorge all the time and have transported numerous corals, inverts and fish home with no issues. His prices are reasonable and you get quality specimens. The last time I visited he added in some ORA frags and was carrying Tunze products in addition to Salifert kits and many other products. You need to check out his in store display reef, easily a canidate for TOTM on RC! The reef is just over a year old and it is wild! The growth rates he has are tremendous on some of his acro's and monti's. Anyway make the drive its worth the gas. :thumbs:

Bill

Look closely at the titles above the pictures...The Pan World is running the closed loop, not the sump. It is mounted in the top of the cabinet so the lift is only about 18 inches to the outlets. The return pump is a Dart. I am more happy with the Dart than the PW. The Sequence is much more quiet! Surprising because of the $$$difference. I would recommend everyone to stop by and see Jorge's store in Augusta. It is truly nice and the staff is the greatest!!

Thanks for the info on the store. I called them today to see if they had some Seachem mix that I need anyway so I figured I would go up and check out what he has to offer.

Yea , I have dropped about 10 grand into this setup already so I need to slow down on the Spending. Maybe when I get the itch to piddle with something later I will install the OM. The $$$ is the hold up now. I kinda wanted to invest in livestock and enjoy it for a while. I did get the Aqua Medic 5000 Shorty skimmer installed last night.

It is making the nasty now. I expect it to do fine. I asked Jorge at Star Aquatics ad nhe said he had ran a 300 gallon system on one for years back in Atl.

ImportedPhotos00076.jpg
alt="" />
The skimmer is doing fine. AMAZING growth on everything in this system. Softies , Zoas as well as SPS. I have already fragged!

It has since been removed!! I now hate this stuff. People buy it like crazy at the LFS. I "donated" it to them. The other plague was anthelia. I am still pulling that suff aut and will probably never get it fully eradicated

DSC_0027.jpg
alt="" />

new acan frag from Atlanta friends
DSC_0028.jpg
alt="" />

Acan grown out from 3 polyps
DSC_0029.jpg
alt="" />

Red Scolly
DSC_0030.jpg
alt="" />

Cool Zoas and blue milli
DSC_0031.jpg
alt="" />

botttom left
DSC_0032.jpg
alt="" />

DSC_0033.jpg
alt="" />

PPEs picked up from u Atl boys
DSC_0035.jpg
alt="" />

Nuc Greens from Atl boys
DSC_0036.jpg
alt="" />

DSC_0037.jpg
alt="" />

Thanks guys. Koodos to all who have contributed to this tank All I do is trim the corals and do the water changes

Back