220 gal build (Pics)

Sump was home made from a 75 gal tank. It has 2-7" socks on one side and 5 baffles. will post pics later

I got the 2 skimmers in the sump tonight. I feel better now/ I also plumbed the drain line from the closed loop- to the basement ( still need to get it outside) One step at a time! The wife will be happy when she gets home from work in the morning....the old tank/stand/hood is in the garage waiting on the new owners to p/u Sunday! Still need to get the CA reator set up. Late and still need to get school work done...sleep SOME time. Just trying to keep friends posted. Later

I got the reactor up and running now. All that is left is to perform some wire management on all of the cords and finish plumbing the RO and salt drums under the house. I have the feeds for these stubbed through the floor so That won't be too difficult. Thanks for all of the complements. TO be honest work may need to slow down for the next week. (Finals at school) I have it "chillin, sumpin,skimmin, and reactin" It is self sustaining now. The minimum essentials are taken care of. I will get you guys some sump pics as soon as I can. I would also like to take a pic of someone standing in front of it...It is exactly 7 feet from floor to canopy top!. I would also very much like to thank Big D for the inspiration with this project and, of course, all of the good people here who have offered advice and encouragement through it all.

he chiller is a JBJ 1/2 HP. I got it for $1100 at LFS The columns are indeed 2x6's that I ran through the table saw to true up. Because of that they are a little smaller.

Simply Amazing! I love the work that you have done! :) Because of you now I dont think that I can bear to look at my stand/hood any more. :(
You are indeed quite brave to burn the stand with the torch. It came out really nice. :) :thumbs:

Go for it Big D! There are a few build up pics of the hood posted earlier here. I could take some more closeups of the inside of the hood if you need them. I WILL post pics of the sump in action as others have requested. Finals at school are almost over( 1 more on Monday ARGGH! ) Did I mention I hate Abnormal Psyc? As another update... The R/O water is flowing into the BigBrute in the basement controlled by a float valve. The can contains a Mag 12 pump that is plumbed up through the floor and into the sump. There is a switch in the line under the cabinet so now top off is as simple as flipping a switch!!! I love it. The salt Big Brute is in place below the R/O and will be connected by a ball valve in a cascade fashion and the Mag 12 for it has been ordered. (pond version with a 15 foot cord) I have already stubbed through the floor and into the sump for water changes. The closed loop has been ball valved with a line ran out of the house so that pump will double duty to pump out when the water changes need to take place. Will get more pics up soon. Thanks,
Scott

Let me be the first that says this project sucks!

It should have been installed at my house. ;)

Awesome job, but guessing I am late on that statement. You could certainly build these for people and make some money.

Thanks for all of the compliments. I am searching for the right skimmer at an affordable price right now as I am running the 2-220 coralifes that I already had. I am liking the Aquaeuros but am entertaining offers on used equipment as well....

DSC_00185374.jpg
alt="" />

Closed loop pump (PS 200)
DSC_00175373.jpg
alt="" />
DSC_00145372.jpg
alt="" />

DSC_00135371.jpg
alt="" />
DSC_00125370.jpg
alt="" />

Back