Beginer sps

blind1993

Market
Reaction score
i am going to finally get my lights from sal, possibly monday. so i was wondering what sps should i start out with, i have lost an acropora i bought from SWC but i think that was my fault forgetting to do a WC for a month. what parameters are important so i can test those. the lights will put me up to 4x54w t5 ho individual reflectors over a 55g with sump.

i am doing my first sps and i chose to do a tank with mostly birds nests. they are hardy grow quickly and the color is alright.

a>

I have some frags of elkhorn. Very fast grower and seemingly bullet proof from my experiences. It isn't the fanciest looking coral, but its cheap and is a good starter.

The ORA Miami Orchid is a great grower and the Tubs Birdsnest grows very well. I just fragged my Miami Orchid and have fragged my Tubs Birdsnest several times. If you are interested in some cheap frags let me know. The Miami Orchid started as a frag two years ago and is at least a a 6-7 inch colony now.

blind1993;270715 wrote: i am going to finally get my lights from sal, possibly monday. so i was wondering what sps should i start out with, i have lost an acropora i bought from SWC but i think that was my fault forgetting to do a WC for a month. what parameters are important so i can test those. the lights will put me up to 4x54w t5 ho individual reflectors over a 55g with sump.

It may have died because it was a wild caught specimen. Try to find aqua-cultured or mari-cultured colonies.

If you are interested in a free latte colored monti, I'm getting ready to break a chunk from my colony to move some rocks around. It's really easy to keep. If you can keep this, you can keep alot of other SPS.

Steve;270834 wrote: It may have died because it was a wild caught specimen. Try to find aqua-cultured or mari-cultured colonies.

i think that might have been it, i dont know of any stores that have aqua-cultured sps.
chau, thank you and i will take you up on that offer, mainly because i want to see your tank.

Back