Cyano.

Do these chemicals kill coraline? I notice some of mine towards the top of the DT is turning white since the treatment. About to do a 20% water change. Could just be another factor obviously

tonymission;981281 wrote: Do these chemicals kill coraline? I notice some of mine towards the top of the DT is turning white since the treatment. About to do a 20% water change. Could just be another factor obviously

They don't that I have ever seen. But I have only ever used ChemiClean.

tonymission;981281 wrote: Do these chemicals kill coraline? I notice some of mine towards the top of the DT is turning white since the treatment. About to do a 20% water change. Could just be another factor obviously

If you do water changes and leave your lights on the Coraline that's exposed to the air and light will die and turn white.
Its best to turn your lights off when doing water changes.

Camellia;981296 wrote: If you do water changes and leave your lights on the Coraline that's exposed to the air and light will die and turn white.

Ahh I'm sure that's it, because it's only on top and I did a WC right before treatment to siphon. Haven't had it happen before. Doing another WC post treatment now. Thanks!

Camellia;981296 wrote: If you do water changes and leave your lights on the Coraline that's exposed to the air and light will die and turn white.

+1..Ive used the Red stain remover (what ever its called) and my coralline was fine. Its the air/light exposure that getting the color change.

Back