My epic 120g Build Thread

Seth The Wine Guy;654524 wrote: While I was busy doing my build thread my wife had her own going. It was a race to see who finished first and she won. I still don't have any cabinet doors around the tank. Big shout out to my incredible wife. Her build pics are attached. She finished hers June 2 at 11:30am. And appropriately, it was a water birth. :yay:

Now that's a FRAG!!!

Wow, I was debating on watching tv or reading through this thread for the next 30 minutes. I found this thread to be much more then entertaining. You got bragging rights to be able to do this labor on your own. Wish I could have that kind of trust in my hands, lol. I really enjoyed your work. Thanks for the thread.

Man that's a nice setup you got going on! I love the brickwork, especialy the color brick you chose. Congrats on the baby, I had my last daughter via waterbirth last year, what an awesome experience.

congrats Seth your wifes build far out does any build you will ever achieve in your lifetime

Absolutely Beautiful!I just read this thread for the first time and my chin is on my chest.Totally amazed,I cant even fined the words to describe what I would like to say.The tank is astonishing,and the funny thing is that the baby makes the whole build seem so miniscule compared to him.Congratulations!

gnashty;595324 wrote: WOW Seth, way to go bud!

I would suggest reviewing your UV for your build. I assume you will have 200 gal range or larger when its all said and done, I dont think that 40w is going to be enough. I ran a 36w on my 210 for a long time before someone finally said "you know that isnt doing a darn thing for your tank, right?" so I went with a 114 watt Aqua UV.

So, I finally got around to addressing this issue. I'm sorry it took so long. (Had a little spout with a parasite to help make the decision)
Emperor Aquatics Smart HO UV 80w. Rated for a little more than I've got but that only means I'm planning for the "Big Build". Then again, I would need two of these for that one. :D

dan30097;658930 wrote: Wow, I was debating on watching tv or reading through this thread for the next 30 minutes. I found this thread to be much more then entertaining. You got bragging rights to be able to do this labor on your own. Wish I could have that kind of trust in my hands, lol. I really enjoyed your work. Thanks for the thread.

greystreet55;658937 wrote: Nice Tank

fubaredn05;659429 wrote: Congrats

RachelL321;659632 wrote: Man that's a nice setup you got going on! I love the brickwork, especialy the color brick you chose. Congrats on the baby, I had my last daughter via waterbirth last year, what an awesome experience.

wmboots;659645 wrote: congrats Seth your wifes build far out does any build you will ever achieve in your lifetime

PFCDeitz;654526 wrote: Congrats Seth!!

RedStang;654561 wrote: Congrats! June 2nd is my son's birthday too! First kid? In any case enjoy them while they're small because it'll seem they turn 6 overnight!

Rbredding;654564 wrote: congratulations...

Rockdog;654584 wrote: :yay::yay::yay:congrats!!!!:yay::yay::yay:

MarkO22;654589 wrote: Congrats Man!

Wineman;654595 wrote: Seth, Congratulations...to both of you!!!!

tgriffin;654632 wrote: Now that's a FRAG!!!

sprinklerman500;659702 wrote: Absolutely Beautiful!I just read this thread for the first time and my chin is on my chest.Totally amazed,I cant even fined the words to describe what I would like to say.The tank is astonishing,and the funny thing is that the baby makes the whole build seem so miniscule compared to him.Congratulations!

Well, thank you everyone for your good wishes. Doing both builds was a lot of fun for me but one of them sure took longer than 5 minutes. :yes:

gnashty;595324 wrote: WOW Seth, way to go bud!

I would suggest reviewing your UV for your build. I assume you will have 200 gal range or larger when its all said and done, I dont think that 40w is going to be enough. I ran a 36w on my 210 for a long time before someone finally said "you know that isnt doing a darn thing for your tank, right?" so I went with a 114 watt Aqua UV.

And so I finally got around to addressing this issue. Emperor Aquatics 80w Smart HO UV. Little more than my needs call for but it always leaves room for the next build. Then again, I would two of these for that one. :D
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
668033=31647-photo-7.jpg
>
668033=31647-photo-7.jpg
class="gc-images" title="photo-7.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Time to resurrect the build thread! Wife has another bun in the oven so that means we will have a race again to see who can finish first. My original plan was to go with a five figure DT but I don't think I can pull it off in time for the second arrival.

I'll just go smaller and modify what I have. Below are sketches of what I have now in the room and what I plan on doing with it.

CURRENT TANK SET UP
http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=299&pictureid=2013" alt="" />

[B]NEW TANK SET UP[/B]
[IMG]http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=299&pictureid=2014" alt="" />

I haven't decided on final dims but I'm thinking it will be around 60"Lx48"Wx30"H

gmpolan;804996 wrote: Cant see any images seth but looks sounds sweet

I'll try another way.

Edit:
Ripped Tide;804995 wrote: Spill the beans! Did you decide on lighting?

It will be a hybrid of MH and LED like I run now in all likely hood. I run two 400w MH and 3 AI SOL Blues on my 120g now.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
805001=40142-Current tank 10:12.jpg
>
805001=40142-Current tank 10:12.jpg
class="gc-images" title="Current tank 10:12.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
805001=40143-Tank build 10:12.jpg
>
805001=40143-Tank build 10:12.jpg
class="gc-images" title="Tank build 10:12.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Back