Newbie setup - 29 gal Biocube and 90 gallon bowfront

So tonight I noticed several small faint white spots all ove the wrasse. I did not see them yesterday, so I am not sure if it is some form of stress, ick, or something else. I have read approximately 30 different web pages summarizinf disseases, parasites, and infections but cannot find anything resembling the initial concern with the quarter inch round area that looked rough and slightly deflated cimpared to the rest of the skin. I am actually beginning to wonder if the original spot was net damage and the other new white patches are stress. I will continue to monitor in the hospital tank, still open to ideas from experienced keepers.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Wrasse is not swimming much this morning. Looks like there is a piece of dead skin hanging off the pectoral fin on the opposite side of where the original round damage was.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

SaltWaterWannabe;1068503 wrote: Wrasse is not swimming much this morning. Looks like there is a piece of dead skin hanging off the pectoral fin on the opposite side of where the original round damage was.

Water params are good. He is actually just hiding under a rock and breathing heavily. It doesnt look good for her.e
0a7f624629da3b1c1629630cf00cb842.jpg
alt="" />

I am using an API saltwater testkit. The qt is not on a lighting schedule and is off all the time. The tank is on a countertop in theaters basement under the bar lights that I turn on when I am in the room. The tank ligjts are on wa few minutes before feeding and checking in on the fish.

The main tank the led stunner and axtnics come on from 530am to 830am and 4pm to 9pm. The compacts come on from 630am to 800am and 530pm to 800pm.

I plan to make it to premier today with some water either at lunch or this evening.

Should I brinf the xlown skeleton and/or the wrasse? I figure capturing the wrasse would stress it more, but I am not sure.

hzheng33;1068515 wrote: i would also start loading up fish food with prazipro, vitachem, selcon and/or garlic in order to build up the immunity/resistance to whatever you might have in the tank.
There is one small clown left in the tank and the inverts. Do fish parasites, diseases, etc affect inverts?

Premier took care of me. I was able to get better pics before I went to the store and they suggested going with Paraguard and some fortified softserve food.

Well....the other clown is being eaten by the cleaner shrimp. It was fine 3 hours ago and the water tested fine at the store

I now have a fishless tank with inverts only. This is a good reason why people quit before getting in

If i didnt have 100 dollars worth of inverts and a coral in th tank i would take it down

I guess i will.clear.out the kanoplex.from the hospital so i can load the other med in the morning. Not much else to do at this point

1068616=66048-uploadfromtaptalk1453424639177.jpg
>
1068616=66048-uploadfromtaptalk1453424639177.jpg
class="gc-images" title="uploadfromtaptalk1453424639177.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:400px" /></a>

There is now a red pin size spot in the original damaged area of the wrasse
1068620=66049-uploadfromtaptalk1453425631108.jpg
>
1068620=66049-uploadfromtaptalk1453425631108.jpg
class="gc-images" title="uploadfromtaptalk1453425631108.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:400px" /></a> ...I just cannot catch a break

I thought he was dead when I turned the light on, he stirred a bit then was driftimg around the corner of the tank. Dosed with paraguard and am keeping my fingers crossed...hoping at least one of the fish survives

Back