So my purple anthias eat through osmosis

I have seen it. YOu can also purchase them.. I will check into it... but I figured it out.

I looked into my container of live brine, and it has a lot of baby brine that I purchased from pets unlimited and it has young/baby brine in it. I turned on my pump, and the queens began eating again. I slowly snuck up to the tank, and sure enough it is the young brine that they are going after. So at least they are eating! Yay.

blind1993;258703 wrote: is it active diffusion or passive? endocytosis?phagocytosis(everyones favorite)? exocytosis?

You are over my head, boi

How about I order my batch of Purple Queens and you get them to eat...

Steve;258711 wrote: How about I order my batch of Purple Queens and you get them to eat...
dude i am good with feeding fish, especially yellow tangs!:)

blind1993;258703 wrote: is it active diffusion or passive? endocytosis?phagocytosis(everyones favorite)? exocytosis?

Someone just got out of science class.

Haha, but who ever had a yellow tang that wouldnt eat? They are beast fish

jmaneyapanda;258718 wrote: Someone just got out of science class.

maybe it has something to do with the final i was studying for, honors biology.

Steve;258721 wrote: ugh i hated honors bio...
i don't mind it. i'm surprised that no one has made a comment about phagocytosis. btw, if you want to fish out some live mysid from my tank, your more than welcome to.

i would love to do that if I was closer. I had some in my tank but I;m sure they are gone now since I temporarily house fish in my fuge occasionally.

Derek_S;258727 wrote: i would love to do that if I was closer. I had some in my tank but I;m sure they are gone now since I temporarily house fish in my fuge occasionally.

if i am coming your way ill bring some.

Honestly Steve, I have put mine in there too. After I QT them, i figure the fuge is a good place to acclimate to the water conditions but without fish competition. Like a 2 stage QT.

You've only put new fish in there right, not ones outta the display?

Welllll....the square is in there to see if I can get his fins to heal up for whatever reason they are tattered. The CBB is in there too fattening up. It is like another tank, haha

oh I forgot about the square... I'll come by tomorrow night or Thursday.

I tried cyclopeeze as well and they seem to be eating it, too. Her eis a pic of them picking it out of the water:

DSC_0986.jpg
alt="" />

Back