So my purple anthias eat through osmosis

They are some of the most beautiful tukas I have seen. I love the yellow mouths, which I have not noticed on others.

Hey Derek, you you happen to consider deworming them too? The symptoms which have ben described in these guys (never eating, but never looking thin) is a common symptom for worm infetstation. Just curious if it would be a problem with these guys in specific.

jmaneyapanda;258876 wrote: Hey Derek, you you happen to consider deworming them too? The symptoms which have ben described in these guys (never eating, but never looking thin) is a common symptom for worm infetstation. Just curious if it would be a problem with these guys in specific.

PM sent

Have you taken your bio final yet? My microbiology kids are testing as I type. :) Good luck on all your finals!

Derek_S;258774 wrote: I tried cyclopeeze as well and they seem to be eating it, too. Her eis a pic of them picking it out of the water:

DSC_0986.jpg
alt="" />

Wow! Those are gorgeous! Congrats on getting them to eat! Maybe you can nurse some for me too!

I couldn't even imagine AP Bio...

De-worming them? Is it common panda?

Yeah Derek, make it a business. I can see it now, Derek's Tuka Nursery!

Update:

Still looking good and eating a live baby brine and cyclopeeze mix. Hard to tell if they are really taking to the cyclopeeze, but hopefully. I will continue to mix in frozen foods as we progress....

Its odd how shy they are usually, but put in some baby brine and they gain a lot of confidence. I even fed other fish in the QT with regular mysis as the PQs surfed around for the nauplii. Even better, I managed to hatch my own baby bine with sally's mix. it is easy to do and works well. I just wish the eggs were de-encapsulated....

Glad they are still hanging in there Derek. They are great looking fish.

They are gorgeous. They are not as rare as some anthias, but they are teh most challenging I have tried as far as getting to eat. It has actually been very fun and educational.

Steve;258907 wrote: I couldn't even imagine AP Bio...

De-worming them? Is it common panda?

certain fish seem quite prone to having worms, and it doing them in (for lack of treatment). I wonder if the common failure of these fish has something to do with that.

I use prazipro quite frequently now, as it safely treats a lot of different ailments.

jmaneyapanda;260741 wrote: certain fish seem quite prone to having worms, and it doing them in (for lack of treatment). I wonder if the common failure of these fish has something to do with that.

I use prazipro quite frequently now, as it safely treats a lot of different ailments.

Jeremy, do you use prazipro as a dip or do you put it directly into the tank? I put it directly into my display as I understood that it is supposedly reef safe and it messed up the skimmer for 3-4 weeks and my tubs and pink birdnest have gotten pale and have no polyp extentions. I hope they make it.

Update again: I verified that they were eating cyclopeeze. I tried feeding it stand alone, and they are going for it. Yay.

chauwall;260750 wrote: Jeremy, do you use prazipro as a dip or do you put it directly into the tank? I put it directly into my display as I understood that it is supposedly reef safe and it messed up the skimmer for 3-4 weeks and my tubs and pink birdnest have gotten pale and have no polyp extentions. I hope they make it.

I have used it in the display before. You need to run a lot of carbon and skimmer does go nuts afterwards. I never saw any effect on anything, though. I use it in quarantine now. Do you have an ATO? If the skimmer pulled out a ton of saltwater,a nd it got replaced with fresh, the salinity mightve nosedived and caused the issue with the SPS.

You can run it in the DT? Wow, that is good to know. I looked for some at 2 stores but did not see it. I need to get some before these guys are released into the DT.

Jeremy, would you usually recommend treating every new fish with it? Or just problematic ones (anthias?)

Back