Vics CD 180G Peninsula

oh dang!!! I have a ton of that since I was cutting all my pipes with a miter saw. Thanks for the tip!
Tricks you learn along the way... ;)

I've done a massive amount of plumbing since joining the hobby. Plus I'm on my 2nd basement finishing project.

Another tip is to always use primer. Add it to the pipe first paying special attention to the cut outer edge, then do the fitting. With the glue use the same approach, pipe first hitting that edge good to melt the PVC, then do the fitting and assemble fairly quickly. If you apply the glue to the fitting first it has more time to melt the PVC in there while you're applying it to the pipe and your going to be more prone to getting that winkled mess pushed back into the fitting. This will reduce the diameter in there if it doesn't shrink up as it dries & cures or if you don't clean it out. It also creates a snag point when hardened. Sometimes there's no good way to reach in there to clean it out as you get closer to the end of the run.

Turned out pretty good...

Also, if you ever get a synergy overflow, don’t use their internal pipes. They do not work one bit!!

Attachments

• EAA9962A-89FD-4286-8040-15FD6E5178F5.jpeg
    EAA9962A-89FD-4286-8040-15FD6E5178F5.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 87
  • 4F7EB066-7FE2-4D57-97F7-D450773ECC7A.jpeg
    4F7EB066-7FE2-4D57-97F7-D450773ECC7A.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 93
Just a LPT = if you have these external overflow boxes, you will get salt creep with or without a cover. So, I took some teflon tape and put it around the rim of the overflow box and snapped my cover over it. Salt creep eliminated!!!

Attachments

• IMG-1928.jpg
    IMG-1928.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 106
Yes sir, it's about that time. I've got another person in our area that needs a PAR reading. I'll see what I can do about getting the meter so we can take some readings after New Year's. Looking good man!

Not the most organized under cabinet, but I’m happy. Everything works and no leaks now.

Even tho the stand is made to not need a center brace, I decided to go buy a nice piece of hardwood and install one just for good measure.

Attachments

• 7396E8BD-21D1-4331-84FF-CFCBA6EF8D8F.jpeg
    7396E8BD-21D1-4331-84FF-CFCBA6EF8D8F.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 90
Achilles is finished doing two weeks in copper power. At first I thought he was a gonner as he was showing sign of velvet. But after 4 days it all cleared up but struggled with getting him to eat. Finally got him on brine shrimp, then weened him onto mysis a week later, a few days ago he finally took to flakes and seaweed.

Today, I decided to do a h2o2 dip in case of flukes and did a 100% water change in the hospital tank and now running prazipro in case. Ideally, I would have a completely separate hospital tank but from my understanding copper would have killed all the life cycles of velvet in 4-5 days and I didn’t see any sign of ich, so I feel pretty safe.

Oh, forgot to add, I started feeding metro soaked food 9 days ago to treat any internal parasites as well. In two weeks, I’ll move him to the quarantine tank.

Attachments

• A50FFA82-284C-44AD-9E3E-74A676D64A0A.jpeg
    A50FFA82-284C-44AD-9E3E-74A676D64A0A.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 73
Those are one of my favorite fish. Never had one because I had a beautiful healthy powder blue and didn’t want to risk either of them for my own selfish wants. It was really tough not to just do it. Ha.

Yeah, I have a PBT as well that I will be removing when this one grows up a bit.

Some people get lucky and have no problems with both. My PBT was the tank bully and I knew there was no way it would allow an Achilles.

Back