Vics CD 180G Peninsula

Some very disappointing news... as I rushed to get my tank set up before my vacation and not thinking.... in my haste, I cross contaminated my hospital tank that I was treating for velvet into my display by using a tong to grab a seaweed rock out of the hospital and then used it in the display. Wiped out all my fish 3 days into my vacation. Such disappointing news from my friend while I was away.

Then, after 30 days in copper, I thought the Achilles was in the clear, but after putting it in QT, 2 days later velvet some how came back and killed him the next day. I had purchased him from Petco, so I went and spoke with the manager and since I have been updating her regularly on his health status, she understood it was an extenuating circumstance and I took all proper steps to save him, so she agreed to replace him for me. Love Petco in Duluth.

So, my tank will sit fallow for 42 days. I been adding corals to keep it from looking so sad. I got another Versa to dose AcroPower and will manually broadcast feed reefroids 1-2 times a week to keep nutrients up.

Amazingly, the purple tang didn’t die and I was able to catch him but was sure he was a gonner by the time I caught him. Laying on its side and at death’s door.

I did a h2o2 dip and started copper treatment right away. Since his condition was so bad, I didn’t have time to ramp up copper, so went at a 2.25 ppm from the start.

Picture says it all. Now he’s eating again and on his way to a full recovery. He is now named “superman”

Attachments

• 694776F5-7351-404F-B1DA-A674C133B000.jpeg
    694776F5-7351-404F-B1DA-A674C133B000.jpeg
    1,020.4 KB · Views: 127
Some very disappointing news... as I rushed to get my tank set up before my vacation and not thinking.... in my haste, I cross contaminated my hospital tank that I was treating for velvet into my display by using a tong to grab a seaweed rock out of the hospital and then used it in the display. Wiped out all my fish 3 days into my vacation. Such disappointing news from my friend while I was away.

Then, after 30 days in copper, I thought the Achilles was in the clear, but after putting it in QT, 2 days later velvet some how came back and killed him the next day. I had purchased him from Petco, so I went and spoke with the manager and since I have been updating her regularly on his health status, she understood it was an extenuating circumstance and I took all proper steps to save him, so she agreed to replace him for me. Love Petco in Duluth.

So, my tank will sit fallow for 42 days. I been adding corals to keep it from looking so sad. I got another Versa to dose AcroPower and will manually broadcast feed reefroids 1-2 times a week to keep nutrients up.

Sorry for the grief but I'm going to have to humbly disagree with you on Petco.
I wanted to add a pair of cleaner shrimp to my frag tank and my go-to store is Nemo but they didn't have any, so I looked online and they were on sale at Petco for $25.
I go to the store and they're $40. I asked the lady about the difference in the online pricing and she said they don't match their online prices.
Just based on principle I couldn't buy the shrimp for $40 knowing that it was only $25 online. I'm just confused as to how or why a store doesn't match their own online pricing?

Sorry for the grief but I'm going to have to humbly disagree with you on Petco.
I wanted to add a pair of cleaner shrimp to my frag tank and my go-to store is Nemo but they didn't have any, so I looked online and they were on sale at Petco for $25.
I go to the store and they're $40. I asked the lady about the difference in the online pricing and she said they don't match their online prices.
Just based on principle I couldn't buy the shrimp for $40 knowing that it was only $25 online. I'm just confused as to how or why a store doesn't match their own online pricing?
I have price matched at petco a bunch of times with no trouble

Ok now thats not cool. I hope they weren't taking advantage of me because I was dressed like a bum.
Thats probably the reason. Everything in the store live and dry goods are priced higher than the website. I pull up what Im gonna price match on my phone and then just show it to the cashier. Works every time for me

Thats probably the reason. Everything in the store live and dry goods are priced higher than the website. I pull up what Im gonna price match on my phone and then just show it to the cashier. Works every time for me
Thats the way it normally works at every other store.
Well let me go back tomorrow in my grown-up clothes, lol.

Actually, I'm not entertaining Petco anymore I'll wait for Nemo and head down to AA

Ok...first of all I know for a fact I look better than all of you guys... so I don’t know how you’re all getting preferential treatment.

In all seriousness this now really sucks on a whole new level for a number of reasons which I’m not going to expand on or give any further thought to.

But I digress. Continue with your build Victor

Last edited:
They price match online all the time, no question about it and never given grief. Sucks you had a bad experience.
Is this including fish recently? They use to price match for fish but about a yr ago wouldn’t anymore, just for dry goods.

Just a little over 2 weeks to go to finish fallow period.

Picked up two bellus angels, a blue throat trigger, and a clarkii about a week ago, that has been going thru copper a week now.

Today, picked up 3 dispar anthias and a single scribbled (it was mixed in), didn’t realize it until we bagged it up. Starting copper, metroplex, and metro soaked food.

2 separate tanks to be clear

Attachments

• 89D9280C-48C1-45F8-A37A-0B1F3B977173.jpeg
    89D9280C-48C1-45F8-A37A-0B1F3B977173.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 67
  • 3F94D342-186E-42AF-A0B7-0F7DE23F023C.jpeg
    3F94D342-186E-42AF-A0B7-0F7DE23F023C.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 71
Getting excited, 1 more week to go to finish my 42 day fallow period. Fish are doing great in copper but I’m sure they’re ready to get out.

Also, picking up a bunch of fish next week once I move several of these into the display

Attachments

• 79E4A00A-55D5-4B92-B602-791C0E07C6CB.jpeg
    79E4A00A-55D5-4B92-B602-791C0E07C6CB.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 38
  • 46DE826A-B03E-48DE-BE34-809A60492E1C.jpeg
    46DE826A-B03E-48DE-BE34-809A60492E1C.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 51
Back