What did you do to your tank today

myVWrock;495566 wrote: put 4 pounds of epsom salt in the 55.....i am tired of briopsus algae , i need to get some tech M

4lbs? I thought you were supposed to mix that with some MgCl? How high will that raise your Mg level? Will it raise your S.G./Salinity at all?

Got a nice piece hammer coral and glued it down. Now im just watching it sway in the water flow.

au01st;495569 wrote: 4lbs? I thought you were supposed to mix that with some MgCl? How high will that raise your Mg level? Will it raise your S.G./Salinity at all?

:unsure:I guess we will see

scraped all the green algae off the glass in the 75 (trigger picked out all my snails..) and filled up the new 150 to check for leaks... gotta reseal the overflow :(

Picked up a blonde Naso tang from Legalreefer today.
HS! What a sweet fish !!!!

Feed and clean the tank......and a water change...Again.......5th in 2 weeks.....but my corals and fish are overly exstatic now

blu_devl_06;499863 wrote: Tomorrow.....:D Had to order the bulkheads, they arrive tomorrow, will be a quick swap.

Good luck! Also were you looking for a hammerhead pump? If so pm me I might have found one.

I haven't seen my tank in over a month... I'm 1012 miles away, up in cold country.. Coming home this weekend for a maintenance marathon though... Ask this question again at the end of the weekend and I bet I'll have a list 100 entries long.

Wow, today was crazy... Tested everything, re-calibrated my pH probes, 15% water change, cleaned everything, dosed all my ZEOvit stiff. Started a lime water top off (temporary until I get a Kalk reactor). I also added another MP-40W (you can never have too much flow). :)

Called Shane to offer my MRC Nilsen as a loaner but never heard back, haha...

Today I walked by the tank and thought, "I really am overdue for a water change".

WC and cleaned three tanks. Photographed Kooah's (Octopus briareus) eggs. This is only the second set of eggs I have ever seen. All but one other female concealed their eggs until they either hatched or decayed.

stood in amazment at the sight of an algae free tank after in put in a new gfo and carbon reactor this weekend... two days working and no more algae!!!

Back