What did you do to your tank today

oh and im eating a piece of nori while waiting for the lights........(it supposedly helps block almost 75% of the fat intake in your body).....if not......not like its gonna make me fat....lol

picked up ora birds nest again...vortech's knockhim over all the time...still on the ora plug but now its like 8inches around...dont wana glue it bc i think i will be selling and rebuying a house in the next couple months

25% water change on the 110 and the pico. Fed, cleaned glass inside and out on all 3 tanks, picked up frags, tweeked the skimmer. Anyone else with a reef octopus? Will I always have to tweek it like this? Anytime the water levels change in the sump I have to readjust.. It is only about 2 weeks old..

llewella;485934 wrote: 25% water change on the 110 and the pico. Fed, cleaned glass inside and out on all 3 tanks, picked up frags, tweeked the skimmer. Anyone else with a reef octopus? Will I always have to tweek it like this? Anytime the water levels change in the sump I have to readjust.. It is only about 2 weeks old..

Have you done the gate valve mod yet? That helps with consistancy. Also adding an ATO will even out your sump and allow it to be more stable. I need to find the gate valve for mine. they are metric pipe so it is not a run to lowes.

No. No gate valve yet. Also would LOVE ATO . Plan to get one as soon as I can find one that I can afford :)

Changed out the Phosguard in my TLF reactor. Reading up on Brightwell's NeoZeo and getting ready to start using it.

Just pulled my dead PBT out of the QT tank. No signs of ich whatsoever on him, just beautiful vibrant colors and a fat belly...oh well, at least he was free...

Took pictures and made a bunch of new zoo frags cleaned the front glass.
Always have my hand in the tank.

Caught the Butterfly that was eating coral in the tank (Technically it happened today since it was about 2am). Getting water prepared to do my weekly 25 gallon water change tomorrow..

yesterday i looked at it and put some calcium in it...the 55gallon that is

Cleaned glass, filled the 5 gallon bucket with RO for the ATO unit...

Fed some flakes

llewella, Use a small trash can to put your skimmer pump in your sump. That will keep the water level constant and your skimmer happy. I cut the lip off mine and cut notches in it to reduce splashing and noise. I got one at dollar general for $1.

Yesterday: Made a pvc handle for my 4" razor to clean glass, fed fish with frozen brine shrimp, blew off the rocks with a turkey baster, did a 12 gal WC, dosed, took pics (finally found my camera along with the charger for my wife's second laptop, out of the doghouse finally:yay:), posted them on ARC, and checked my email for my order from bulkreefsupply of DI resin and calcium. Should be here today. I forgot to order a filter wrench, shoot me! I'll find something to open it up with. Half my tools are still packed away.

Thanks for the tip Jim, but I don't think I can fit even a small thin trash can in there. I had to angle and squeeze my skimmer in my sump and then wedge my return pump into a corner that was left. lol. I'll have to show you when you come over to check out the seahorse tank.. It's a pretty tight fit in there.. The box and manufacturer were wrong about the footprint of the skimmer it is bigger than what they say..
I plan to, hopefully soon, install an ATO. I also need it because I forget to top off and then my return pump freaks out and blows micro bubbles into my tank. lol The kids think it's funny.. I don't :/

Nothing like forgetting to keep it topped off, and having the return pump suck air. I figure it's turning my whole tank into a protein skimmer. Amazing how clean the water is after doing that.

Fed the fish and fell asleep on the couch watching my tank and fox news.

Back