What did you do to your tank today

ClaudiasMom;525681 wrote: Fed all my fishies! Checked on the RBTA & all look great. Plan to mag float the glass later today & pick up my scroll coral that a snail knocked over.

Feed my fishies... and log out next time I leave the laptop on. :)

Water change, changed around the aquascaping, cleaned the sump and glass. Dosed some calcium and iodine. Cleaned the skimmer.
Wondered why I do not have coraline growth like I used too and decided to go back to Kali water drip in my top off.
Tomorrow the aphasia and manjoes die!

Picked up my first MP40W, thanks Shane!

Now off to Simon to drop off a present, then to Chris picking up T5s

Water changes on both tanks, swapped chiller pump for a larger one, emptied my high-tech skimmer waste collector (2L Diet Coke bottle), fed the fishies... need to go to sleep now.

(really over the last week or so)

Finally, after the 2" of water in my base cabinet, I've decided to bite the bullet and order a sleek and sexy, super top of the line, completely custom and fantantabulous MRC CUSTOM SUMP...

should be here end of next week or first of the following week... the CAD guy is out on vakay..

On Sandie's tank:
Converted the fuge from shallow sand/rubble/chaeto to a remote deep sand bed with a "mat" of chaeto on the top of it. Moved the rubble (along with a gazillion feather dusters) to the sump. Left "Large Marge" the bristleworm and all her little minions in the cheato. :)

took more rock out of the tank.....gotta kill the bryopsis algae some how

myVWrock;530906 wrote: took more rock out of the tank.....gotta kill the bryopsis algae some how

10 turbo snails in my 90 gallon reef made VERY quick work of the Hair Algae that popped up during cycling..

seriously.. everything in my tank was covered, I reached in and manually removed the large pieces (over 6") and the snails took care of everything else... tank was SPOTLESS in 4 days..

Rbredding;530908 wrote: 10 turbo snails in my 90 gallon reef made VERY quick work of the Hair Algae that popped up during cycling..

seriously.. everything in my tank was covered, I reached in and manually removed the large pieces (over 6") and the snails took care of everything else... tank was SPOTLESS in 4 days..

tried that, i have been through 2 sea hairs as well. I have also put about 8 pounds of Epsom salt in the tank...on two different occasions

Rbredding;530930 wrote: ?? lights out and cover the tank for 10 days... that'll kill it..

i did like 4-5 days covered , but my lights have not been on in probably a few weeks.....i have moved my coral to a different tank

How big is the tank? I have heard that people having success with doing lots of small water changes multiple time a week.

Mockery;530941 wrote: How big is the tank? I have heard that people having success with doing lots of small water changes multiple time a week.

55gal

I'd try doing small 5 gallon WC 3 times a week and see if that helps.

Scrubbing, water changes every few days and slowly raising the mag. That's the only thing I have read that works everytime.

Woke up, paniced, cloudy water, found dead nem in vortech (chopped its foot to death) and did a hugh emergency water change. Good thing I have salt water always ready for something like this. everything is ok, just a little made but back to normal.. just looks cloudy after a normal water change...

Kirru;532179 wrote: Woke up, paniced, cloudy water, found dead nem in vortech (chopped its foot to death) and did a hugh emergency water change. Good thing I have salt water always ready for something like this. everything is ok, just a little made but back to normal.. just looks cloudy after a normal water change...
Sounds as if you need to put that guard over your vortech. Same BTA?

Back