What did you do to your tank today

Hal and I finished sucking the rest of the cyano out of our neglected tank at work with another 20g water change. He plumbed the large fuge to it awhile ago so we are looking foward to the lights coming in to finish that job. Need to find some matrix to add to the sump though. My plan tomorrow

I removed everything from the base cabinet, leveled the plywood out so it was completely smooth (the previous owner had several spills which left it warped - I didn't help matters when I did it a month ago). I built a true "shower pan" in the bottom of it using shower pan sheet PVC (40mil). http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=30410&page=6">I installed the new sump, new skimmer, and completely re-plumbed the return/skimmer/chiller system.</a>

and I guess I kinda did a water change also...

I'm moving stuff around in the basement to get ready to move the stand for my sump in there tomorrow... it was the former stand for the 180g display, which I'm not going to use. The area under the stand will house my chiller on one side, and shelves for chemicals etc on the other. Now I just have to go pick up the good Doc and bribe him into helping me move it out of my trailer and into the basement.
It will hopefully work out to hold the 140g sump along with the external skimmer on top of it. Another multi-level stand will hold a 29g QT, and a 22g refugium and its twin, a 22g RDSB. If the 55g sump doesn't sell, I may make that my refugium and keep the 22g as a frag tank, which is what it is doing now.
I picked up 5 bulkheads and a Gen-X pump today. Scary how fast this system is coming together... I literally just need a few bags of sand and some PVC (along with some labor) before I can get this thing cycling! Well, that's not entirely true... I need somebody to buy Rob's 240g so I can get the stand that it is sitting on (or at least get it moved onto the stand that it is going to be sold with).

supercharged my skimmer by bringing the 2nd beckett online..

and a WC on all 3 tanks.. (my first with Salinity...we'll see..)

Brought the CL pump on the frag system back on, put a lid on the refugium side of the 135g sump (thanks Dave).
Rigged the CR4 reactor on the 90gal tank (out of CO2, d'oh), sealed the basement door so it stays cooler down there.
Eventually hooking up the vent system for the external fan tonight...
Quite some stuff you do just to kill time...

Painted the 10g and did a mesh top for it.

IMAG0184.jpg
alt="" />

IMAG0186.jpg
alt="" />

au01st;548107 wrote: Nice! QT tank?

It was but will host the tomato clown and anemone for now in the bedroom. I'd like to pick up a 20g Qtank I think so I can keep an HOB without issues to the parameters.

15 gals of NSW between the two tanks.. The salinity was a little high in both so I made it lean to offset and bring it down to 1.025..

2 weekends running... Painting new fish room. Hopefully be about done today, Will post pix. Before during, after. :)

Water Tests, Calcium Dose on the Redsea

Water Tests, Skimmer Tuning & Shook the Seachem phosphate bag in the sump on the 125g

Back