What did you do to your tank today

50g wc test clean power heads broke down/cleened skimmer changed neozeo looked down sand sifters hole se frogskin arco and bali slimer in with gobies put hand in hole bit by gobies poped by pistol shrimp got corals frog skin nearly dead slimer good plase corals in rock holes git beer say nice 4 letter words bout tank sit back just to watch trigger pick up the slimer and drop it back in gobies hole

i tested the water in all 3 salt and 17 fresh tanks. Cheered for the 55 whose nitrates are 40 and falling!!! woot! Then i moved some red zebras to the community tank, removed a footlong pleco from the south american tank and put it in the tropical community tank, moved some plants around in the betta tank, juiced a few little aptasia in all 3 salt tanks, topped up a little salt in the QT, moved a few frags, glued a few down and took some more photos. topped up the convict momma tank, petted the adult cichlids, and now i want to sleep. :)

Acroholic;622913 wrote: About to take delivery of my new chiller.

Got mine today too!!

gonna try to get it up next week

and I think my 210 is finally sold...

i put in this spray bar and hooked it up to a 600-700 gph pump :yay::thumbs:
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
623190=29492-P1010014.jpg
>
623190=29492-P1010014.jpg
class="gc-images" title="P1010014.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
623190=29493-P1010016_edited.jpg
>
623190=29493-P1010016_edited.jpg
class="gc-images" title="P1010016_edited.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

I decided I'm going to go LED on the 30L in the kitchen.. (and I'm going to replace the display tank with a different one..)

I just did a 10 gallon water change. Now I'm getting ready to dose two part. Once the lights come on I will feed and dose tech M.

A little preface: Just picked up a 75 gal and upgraded out of my 55 gallon set it up three days ago.

Tweaked my new Protein Skimmer, used some spare rubble to arrange abit of a slope to newly set-up caves, fed, checked parametes, checked for leaks in plumbing (again, new system), stared longingly while wishing I had fins...etc.

great thread.

just purchased an EB8 to add to my apex system and my future frag tank... (an 'Oceanic 25gal' that is 24"wideX18"deepX12"tall) - it looks EXACTLY like the one that was being sold a couple weeks ago..

BORROWED PICTURE - NOT MY TANK

attachment.php

Did 50 gallon water change as ive been having some issues with corals while i was traveling...so with that said moved some frags around, threw away some dead corals, and cleaned the glass

Scraping glass and about to go buy silicone to reseal my current hotel/future QT. If he didn't have his own temporary home, the tang police would ask for the death penalty.

Moved three fish (flame angel, royal gramma, yellow tang) from QT into the DT and watched the fireworks. The McCosker didn't appreciate the yellow tang at first (I'm glad I've got mesh above the tank!) but things have settled down...

Gwhiz;623835 wrote: Moved three fish (flame angel, royal gramma, yellow tang) from QT into the DT and watched the fireworks. The McCosker didn't appreciate the yellow tang at first (I'm glad I've got mesh above the tank!) but things have settled down...

Can you post a pic of the McCosker's? I'd love to see one that was in a regular tank as opposed to the pics I see on-line.

texhorns98;623872 wrote: Can you post a pic of the McCosker's? I'd love to see one that was in a regular tank as opposed to the pics I see on-line.

I'll get one tomorrow. In the meantime, here was his response to the yellow tang. He hid in that hole in the rock for about 30 minutes...
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
623922=29569-2011-03-11_18-09-18_827.jpg
>
623922=29569-2011-03-11_18-09-18_827.jpg
class="gc-images" title="2011-03-11_18-09-18_827.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

That's pretty much it. The pic may have the color saturation dialed up a bit, but it's pretty close...

on the 30....

I added an MP10 ES and also retrofitted my old light fixture to hold the two new ECOXOTIC panorama fixtures that I picked up from Matt.(thanks man!)

I'll post some pictures a little bit later... probably could use one more fixture on the 30...

and did a 1/3 water change...

Back