What did you do to your tank today

brought home my gbta..

when it was placed, it didn't move a bit, now it's opened up and inflated..

y'all need a :woohoo: smilie..

Got home at 11:30 and heard both ATOs gurgling... somebody's wife never checks the topoff water. :)

cr500_af;552712 wrote: Got home at 11:30 and heard both ATOs gurgling... somebody's wife never checks the topoff water. :)
Um said wife was awake at 11:30 and no hubby here... Anyway, wife can't hear worth a crap and therefore did not know the ATOs were gurgling. They were just topped off on Tuesday night, geez...

ClaudiasMom;552957 wrote: Um said wife was awake at 11:30 and no hubby here... Anyway, wife can't hear worth a crap and therefore did not know the ATOs were gurgling. They were just topped off on Tuesday night, geez...

Well, I posted that at 12:12, which was after I had run 4g of RO water and put some in each reservior... so if I'm off it is only by a few minutes. Maybe you didn't hear me. :)

Tonight I didn't do much other than get a big batch of inspiration to get cracking on my build after seeing Simon's reef tank... I don't know how to describe it other than to say that I've never seen a nicer tank in person.

I did move two fish, an ORA striped fanged blenny (AKA the famous iBlenny) and a whipfin fairy wrasse, from my frag tank to the DT so that I can do a little work to the frag tank this weekend.

I added some top off water and stared at the tank until my eyes started hurting. Tried messing with the controller for my lights, but didn't get it to work. I took some more pictures as well as a video.

Today... was not a good day..

well.. it was, I guess, considering what I got done..

Friday evening I noticed some salt creep forming a stalagtite (mite? - whichever one hangs from the ceiling) on one of my return lines... I did a little searching and found it.. a bulkhead looked to be leaking from the right overflow. crap.. I didn't wanna have to do "this" this weekend..
today, I ripped out every piece of equipment and every inch of pipe under the cabinet. completely cleaned and checked everything (glued up a couple drain fittings that I had just left to friction fit - on purpose), scrubbed the skimmer till it shined like a new penny, same with the return manifold/return pump (blew the pump out with compressed air to give the housing/coil a good clean) and then put it all back together (along with changing out about 28 gallons - the sump holds 22). I changed the manifold and distribution on the return lines (upgraded the nylon flex to 1" from 3/4"), and jammed everything tight to the "ceiling". I also changed the setup on the return manifold to include a couple john guest fittings & a valve so that I could bring the calcium reactor and the GFO reactor online (since I had everything in parts, might as well plan for the near future)..

the whole thing took about 7 hours (including trips to ACE. H-D, and Marine Designs)

btw, Marine Designs now has a plumbing section with every size/configuration of locline/bulkheads/barb fittings/nylon hose that you can think of.... I even saw 3-4 tubes of WELD-ON 16 !!

Great to see someone stocking this stuff in town..

well i purchased a 75 gallon tank, which i will pick up on tuesday.:yay:
i fed my fish in the 40 gallon, drew 15 gallons of RODI water, salted it and shoved a bubbler in.
Took a few photos cos i LOVE my tank, watched Bonnie tackle Domino for possession of a condi (and then wondered *** is wrong with my fish)
then i called my mom, my best friend, my husband and several other people to tell them about my new tank...
and then came on here :D

25g water change, during which I managed to hose down an outlet strip...
So, I also had to go to the basement and reset a breaker after replacing said strip.
DOH!

Did I mention that I am SOOOO automating water changes on the new build???

i fed my new chili coral with the lights out, since thats the only time its fully opened and topped off the water...**** this little biocube evaporates alot...cant imagine whatt larger open top tanks need for top offs...cant wait for 29 HQI with the glass lid :)

today? (nothing hopefully.. it's early)

Last weekend I picked up some frags from Becca, (properly) repaired the pump seal that I repaired a week ago, water change for both aquariums...

I'm installing a new Apex controller. It's quite a project by the time your set up it's net features, install the hardware, diy a breakout box and diy float switches. Quite a step up from an AqJr though! :thumbs:

Im installing some loc-line finally for my return. Hopefully it will hit the dead spot Ive got in the rocks...

Back