What did you do to your tank today

25 gallon WC, check skimmer and water params, rearranged some corals, frags and checked out my collection of 30+ Maxi Mini carpet anemones. Took 4 of them to LFS for them to sell. :D

Filled the Extended Stay Tang Hotel up to 1.024.... now to see if a 300w heater will warm it up enough in my basement. The "finger thermometer" says if it does, it will be slow!

RE-SCAPED the 90 slightly... (we'll see how inhabitants like it.. )

WC's on the 90 and the 3gal in my daughter's room
(I'm getting good at this.. it took less than 20 mins for both.. )

cr500_af;624249 wrote: Filled the Extended Stay Tang Hotel up to 1.024.... now to see if a 300w heater will warm it up enough in my basement. The "finger thermometer" says if it does, it will be slow!

Wow... after 18 hours, the water got all the way up to 63! Added another 300w, and after four hours it's about 75... The basement is about 12 degrees cooler than the house, and this 55 needs more heater power than my 90 w/24g frag tank.

Got the skimmer in and (somewhat) adjusted... can't do much until there is actually something to skim out.

Had a good lunch and picked up my custom refugium (it will be yet another piece of MRC artwork under my tank)

so, obviously.. I'll be looking for someone that might have some chaeto they can part with so I can get into second gear on my tank..
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
625452=29630-Refugium.jpg
>
625452=29630-Refugium.jpg
class="gc-images" title="Refugium.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Rbredding;625452 wrote: Had a good lunch and picked up my custom refugium (it will be yet another piece of MRC artwork under my tank)

so, obviously.. I'll be looking for someone that might have some chaeto they can part with so I can get into second gear on my tank..

I've got some you can have, though I'd imagine you can find some that's closer!

cr500_af;625461 wrote: I've got some you can have, though I'd imagine you can find some that's closer!

:) I love your sportsmanship!!!

(yes sir, I'll look closer to me.. but if I can't find any, i've got to come see rob to get my MP40s.. you're not too far from him, are ya?)

Over lunch I gathered up a list of some frags and colonies I'm wanting to sell :)

Rbredding;625466 wrote: :) I love your sportsmanship!!!

(yes sir, I'll look closer to me.. but if I can't find any, i've got to come see rob to get my MP40s.. you're not too far from him, are ya?)

Nope... was there Monday night until 4:15 am.... :eek:

Got 2 peices of green goniopora and a pink goniopora situated (please last a month). 20% water change. cleaned glass inside and out. Bought some Dr. G's Live Phytoplankton. Spot feed all coral. Cleaned some salt creep off my lights.

texhorns98;623872 wrote: Can you post a pic of the McCosker's? I'd love to see one that was in a regular tank as opposed to the pics I see on-line.

Here he is....
626358=29688-McCoskers Wrasse.jpg
>
626358=29688-McCoskers Wrasse.jpg
class="gc-images" title="McCoskers Wrasse.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

stared at it for 30 minutes lastnight trying to figure out how(where) I'm going to get the biopellet reactor in there AND make it easily accessible so I can add pellets when needed.

I also watched the fishies some..

Cleaned for 2 hours straight. I smelled like a ocean lol. But she looks Better then ever.

finally brought her home....
629145=29789-P3250402.jpg
>
629145=29789-P3250402.jpg
class="gc-images" title="P3250402.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Did a WC, changed my sunpods bulb, fragged a couple zoa colonies, changed my UV bulb,cleaned out the cabinet, set back relaxed and enjoyed my tank.

Began scraping out old silicone in preparation for resealing my new used 75g. Not easy while watching a 2year old and trying to keep her out of the pond. Didnt get far lol.

hhughes;629183 wrote: Began scraping out old silicone in preparation for resealing my new used 75g. Not easy while watching a 2year old and trying to keep her out of the pond. Didnt get far lol.

Funny, I've been downstairs scraping out old silicone myself. :)
The dumb thing is I don't know what I'll do with the tank anyway, but I just want to get it done!

Back