What did you do to your tank today

Got started on my new tank....will be the first one since the 90,55,and 20 gals came down....but this one will be a little 5 gallon hexagon.

CAN someone make this a skicky? (I HATE having to look for it every time.. ) LOL

I purchased a salinity probe/module for the Apex... I've got some silicone that was delivered today so I can replace my tank in the kitchen with one that is black... I've got the WHOLE WEEKEND off so we'll see what kind of damage I can do.. er.. repairs I can do....

I've been using Seachen Reef for a number of years....it's hard to find now (near home) plus it has that borate issue.....I posted this somewhere else, but, it wouldn't hurt to post it here, too.

I was going to just switch to Salinity...then, it dawned on me to just do some research and get some feedback. That stuff is 90-100 bucks a pop.

I switched to IO today. I mixed up 40 gallons of at 35, and I tested using Elos kits.

I got 410 calcium, 1250 mag, 9.5 alk
I added 6 oz of BRS Calcium & 11 Oz of mag. done.

I also picked up this:
attachment.php

Seachem puts an excessive amount of Borate in their Seachem Reef Salt. way above natural seawater levels. So, in order to know what your total Alk is you have to subtract maybe 2 dkh?

a>

mysterybox;631392 wrote:
I also picked up this:
http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29790&d=1301157580" alt="" />[/QUOTE]

Beautiful! I want one...:thumbs:

Water change on all 3 tanks...
Programmed and tested (and re-tested) my ATO.. (TomsAqualifter/Tunze Osmolator Magnetic float switch/Apex Controller)

Added the biopellet reactor

Since my tank is cycling, I just looked at it like I have for the past two weeks. Of course, I had to get my hands wet so I swapped my powerheads locations. Now that is complete, I am going to add to my "seemingly never going to stop growing" wishlist.

Changed the programming so now I'm on the solar and lunar tables for lighting, as well as "regional temperature".

And scraped the glass. :)

I put a big hermit crab in the 5 gallon hex to start the cycle, about to put a table shrimp in there as well...I am really going big this time lol

Walked by the basement door to hear the sound of a water alarm going off. Rut roh! RODI line had sprung a pinhole leak and was spraying water all over the area in back of the tank....how it didn't hit anything electrical I don't know....

So--I've used foul language, fixed a leak, mopped up water, used foul language, did a water change, changed the carbon, re-plumbed my carbon and gfo reactors to be on separate pumps, rescued a coral or two that had been knocked over, killed some majano anemones, cleaned the skimmer...I think that's it so far today...

I added water and vinegar to a used 75 gallon tank and 50 gallon sump to clean everything for future use

I came home to both my tanks cracked. almost 3 weeks into my cycle. Thank God i waited to add everything.. New tanks tomorrow.

PFCDeitz;634787 wrote: I came home to both my tanks cracked. almost 3 weeks into my cycle. Thank God i waited to add everything.. New tanks tomorrow.
??

WHA???

how'd THAT happen?

We have no clue. I think with the power outage it got cold and hot
To fast. Being really thin glass 3/32 it cracked. But petco is replacing. Once I get that done today I can clean it up and do my water change.

as long as a heater wasn't touching it or anything.. you should have been fine in that situation.. maybe there was a chip at one edge (covered by the trim).. and it ran..

Back