What did you do to your tank today

Spent the morning cleaning up my frag tank of bryopsis bc some *** passed it along to me at the frag swap. Thank you.... Def ended up throwing away about 10 plus frags.Also did a water change and prepped everything for my weekly travels once again

gmpolan;634890 wrote: Spent the morning cleaning up my frag tank of bryopsis bc some *** passed it along to me at the frag swap. Thank you.... Def ended up throwing away about 10 plus frags.Also did a water change and prepped everything for my weekly travels once again

I just had to deal with that as well... I won't name names but I know where it came from. It popped up in my wife's tank, but luckily all it cost me was the frag (which I paid for, it wasn't an ARC handout).

Rbredding;634881 wrote: as long as a heater wasn't touching it or anything.. you should have been fine in that situation.. maybe there was a chip at one edge (covered by the trim).. and it ran..

It wasn't. But i got it taken care of. At least these have lifetime warranted on them

cr500_af;634891 wrote: I just had to deal with that as well... I won't name names but I know where it came from. It popped up in my wife's tank, but luckily all it cost me was the frag (which I paid for, it wasn't an ARC handout).

Sorry to hear barry,same for me tho, no need to call anyone out but lets just say i wont be buying again from this individual

gmpolan;634917 wrote: Sorry to hear barry,same for me tho, no need to call anyone out but lets just say i wont be buying again from this individual

That just sucks! Ive had nothing but luck buying corals from people other then corals not being glued to the Frag plug that well. I did get some Worms but they are bristle and those are suppose to be good.

Threw a table shrimp in today...should see some nice spiking!

Brought home a REALLY sexy new sump tonight, and (at midnight, no less) am giving my RO/DI unit a complete makeover... new filters, membrane, DI canister (going to vertical), dual inline TDS meter... and replacing the PWC junk fittings with all John Guest fittings. Thanks Air, Water and Ice!

Feed the fish!!!

............Also wondered what or if I should change salt mixes. Just don't like the residue left behind by the Seachem salt.

I ordered a 5 LED moonlight LUNAR SIMULATOR for the Apex...

I'll be rocking lunar cycles soon...

Rbredding;636248 wrote: I ordered a 5 LED moonlight LUNAR SIMULATOR for the Apex...

I'll be rocking lunar cycles soon...

Installed the 4 LED one last week... easy peesy!

Yep. It is kind of frustrating when I want to observe the tank at night and the moon happens to be up during the day, though. LOL

HA! didn't think about that...

it doesnt have an outlet on your EB8, does it? (cant' status/moonlight/manual on???)

Rbredding;636291 wrote: HA! didn't think about that...

it doesnt have an outlet on your EB8, does it? (cant' status/moonlight/manual on???)

It doesn't need to be plugged in the EB8 if that's what you're asking. When you add the module it creates a virtual outlet that is where your "If MOON 000/000 then ON" command will go.

cr500_af;636502 wrote: It doesn't need to be plugged in the EB8 if that's what you're asking. When you add the module it creates a virtual outlet that is where your "If MOON 000/000 then ON" command will go.

gotcha.. (not really what I was asking though.) I was merely commenting that you can't easily override it (by going to the status screen and setting it from "auto" to "manual on")...

if it pulled power in through the EB8, you'd have that option..

Holy Moly... what a day. I pulled out all my rock this morning, caught my 3 pesky chromis, took them to the LFS, bought a yellow tang, regal tang, and a cleaner wrasse, came back re-stacked the rock, hated my restacking, took it down again, redid it, went to the LFS AGAIN to get more rock to fix the catastrophe of stacking that I did, put all the coral back in, 9 hours later, was too pissed and tired to even wipe the glass. Tomorrow I have to clean my house that looks like a hurricane passed thru. Holy Moly.

Rbredding;636551 wrote: gotcha.. (not really what I was asking though.) I was merely commenting that you can't easily override it (by going to the status screen and setting it from "auto" to "manual on")...

if it pulled power in through the EB8, you'd have that option..

Good point... but I don't know how that will work. If I understand it correctly, all that will do is power the Lunar Sim, and it will follow its commands... meaning that it won't come on when the moon is "down". You'd be able to manually turn it off, but not vice versa.

I'm sure you could do it with a virtual outlet or a second profile, using TIME rather than MOON... that way if you turned the virtual outlet on manually, the LS would follow a different code than normal.

Tonight I built a breakout box. :)

What a night. So tired. Waited til my family settled in for the night and then commenced mission "annual sump break down". Cleaned everything and broke down every component, cleaned every pump, organized everything. Replaced with fresh mixed water, so it was effectively my weekly water change too. Never woke up the baby or wife....5 hours total time in. Problem is, now I have to bloody clean up all the buckets and crap I have laying around....not so fun now as I am really tired. At least when I look in the stand I can clearly see I have accomplished something. Looks great!

Back