What did you do to your tank today

Last night I was setting up the new tank temporarily on the deck, so I could run some bleach water through the system (saw hints of GHA in the boxes)... and at 4:05 am I realized I had been tinkering too long and should really go to bed!

cr500_af;660878 wrote: Last night I was setting up the new tank temporarily on the deck, so I could run some bleach water through the system (saw hints of GHA in the boxes)... and at 4:05 am I realized I had been tinkering too long and should really go to bed!

I could so see myself doing that.....

Just finished doing water changes on both of my tanks. 25 gallons later between both tanks...

I looked at it. It is really exciting to see my new tank(s) start to mature and start all my algae cycles and what not.
chris c

Water change. Had shower liner in front of the tank. Poured water right over the back of it. Glued free Kenya tree to small rock. Saw either a large amphipod or small shrimp. Think I'm seeing some copepod's too.

Took the cotton off my powerheads (long story), emptied my collection cup, and said hello to my tank's only denizen: a hermit.

I broke down my 20gal and put its contents in my new big system. I also added a new protein skimmer on to it as well, that I found at a yard sale!

a>

Yesterday,
Added a new 30 cube to the system - dedicated anemone tank.

R2

LilRobb;662412 wrote: Yesterday,
Added a new 30 cube to the system - dedicated anemone tank.

R2

where is it? howd you plumb it into the system? (curious)

D2

Today, I added a Dual TDS reader to my RODI setup.. (one of the coolest things "just to have")..

Rbredding;662465 wrote: Today, I added a Dual TDS reader to my RODI setup.. (one of the coolest things "just to have")..

i put one on mine a few months ago, thy are pretty sweet.

Today I had a major tank maintenance day. Manually removed some hair algae to keep it from getting out of hand. Got rid of some xenia, kenya tree and gsp. Rearranged some zoas and cleaned the glass. 50% water change. Now to do a better job on the regular water changes...

I just took out the pump feeding my chiller, hooked up the stock pump in the back of my AIO RSM 250 and ran that to the chiller... Then I hooked up the chilled returning water straight into my display instead of the back area of the tank... AMAZING! my chiller has not turned on in more than 30 minutes... and the temp has gone up 0.4 degrees in the last 30-40 minutes... SUCCESS! I love it... saving power and keeping things cooler... and its quieter than before since I have eliminated one pump! YES!

Back