What did you do to your tank today

Plumping in my sump and adding 15 gallons to my 10 gallon system. This way i can run a skimmer.

brojard;664911 wrote: I don't know about molting crabs, sorry. But I want to know what you are doing when you say nuke aptasia.

I've hit the little buggers 3 different ways. First was on the tip of a rock so I just dipped it in boiling water and scraped the little that remained. Second one I squirted with boiling water. Third I used Aptasia-X on. If I had a device that let me aim nuclear particles at them I'd use that too!

Just go get yourself some "Aptasia x" or some "joe's juice"...that stuff works......most of the time.

or

Mix up some kalkwasser into a paste and squirt the paste in the mouth of the aptasia with a syringe. You apply both methods the same way in the aptasia.
chris c

RedStang;664953 wrote: I've hit the little buggers 3 different ways. First was on the tip of a rock so I just dipped it in boiling water and scraped the little that remained. Second one I squirted with boiling water. Third I used Aptasia-X on. If I had a device that let me aim nuclear particles at them I'd use that too!

Had a bunch on a couple rocks got a couple peppermint shrimp gone in a week and never came back.

Edit: Added two Phosban 550 reactors, one for Carbon and one for Phosban

Looked at some metal halide bulbs today online. I think i am going to try the "plusrite" 400watt, their bulbs have good reviews and are really cheap. My dad has been using them for awhile and his corals seem to be happy, as in no RTN.
Chris c.

I just saved a snail from a hermit with murder on his mind. I somehow doubt he was interested in flipping the bugger back over. Got to him a second after he reached the snail. Snail happily back on the wall but I think I'll be picking up some spare shells on Wednesday.

Thought I posted about it, but dont see it.

Anyways, try reef napalm. Search for threads by Acroholic and you'll see it. Works like a charm and its cheap. I use it to get rid of the hairy mushrooms that were becoming a plague.

feed fish, and MANUALLY topped my tank off because my aut top off it currently down for repairs.

35 gallon water change with Salinity, wet-vac sump and slime bacteria, got a hair cut.

Topped off my water. Yes-manually. (I'll get an ATO one of these days.)

Checked to make sure all my new pieces I added last night were still where I placed them. (Thanks Larry, for the awesome frags! You've got a beautiful tank!)

FINALLY set up my LunarSim module (5 LEDs)

Repaired a slow drip/salt creep issue on my drain line

Removed a DC4HD from my system and Added another EB8 (Apex Controller)

Reorganized the underside of my stand, changing the location of the Apex and it's components.

all that took me about 6 hours

After a month of various medical issues and surgery, did a much needed water change. And discovered my old arch nemesis....
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
670723=31822-ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311724374.039655.jpg
>
670723=31822-ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311724374.039655.jpg
class="gc-images" title="ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311724374.039655.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Hmm, have to post date mine.

I installed my Apex Jr! Have everything but the email working. Also replace the stock BC29 pump with a MJ900. Less flow but it has delivered a 1-1.5 degree drop in temp so I'm barely maxing out at 80.5 now instead of 82 and sometimes 82.something.

Otherwise I've stared at my 2 fish for a very long time. I thought the crabs were cool but the clowns are great to watch.

Oh, and I did a water change.

Added a pink anthia and a Pajama cardinal

Sent from EVO 4G using Tapatalk

Got my Frankenstein'ed MRC kalk reactor all Frankenstein'ed up, and online. I'm gonna go set up the stirs and the ATO delay after the stirs on the Apex here in a few.

Added two cleaner wrasses to the tank and in a matter of minutes, watched as my panther grouper ate both for lunch. Something told me when I was at the store, as I was paying, that I should have saved my 40 bucks.

Then walked away from the three hundred over to the 1200 and said to myself.. I need to get motivated.. I need to get this puppy up and running.

I received the new rocks from the BRS group buy, and put them in the tank - looks a lot better now! Not so empty. I just bought dry rock, to go with the live rock already in the tank. The clowns couldn't care less, but the Midas Blenny loves all the new caves and hiding places.

Its getting there!

Squirted junk off rocks. Looks like sand mostly. Considering I just now have 2 fish I can't help but wonder where all the junk on it comes from! Rerouted some wires so that I no longer get interference on my Apex temp probe when the lights come on. Moved a monti frag that I broke off during a water change. Really need to find a secure home for it....

Back