What did you do to your tank today

Been out of town all week so when I got in tonight I looked at it too! The moon lights were on and the only fish out were my cardinals.

Started to plumb Sandies new skimmer, but having trouble getting it out of sight.

DSC_0174.jpg
alt="" />

Finally found some dang clip on fans.. Didn't want to face the way I wanted to so I had to break out the power sander and make some modifications.. LoL..

DrNecropolis;484425 wrote: Finally found some dang clip on fans.. Didn't want to face the way I wanted to so I had to break out the power sander and make some modifications.. LoL..
Nice! Can't wait to see that.
I of course have to make another trip to Lowes for something else with the plumbing. Shoulda just called BRS, told them what I was doing and let them ship me everything. At least it is on the way to work

topped off and fed. Acclimated a starfish for 2 hrs and an acan from Einstein. Wow... I wanted one of everything in there. Anyone want to buy me that orange hammer? Or orange fungia? Maybe the Zoas? Or the GIANT green and yellow brain? like I said. One of everything on someone else's bank account. Ill pay ya back if i hit the lottery.

Smoothie;484427 wrote: Nice! Can't wait to see that.
I of course have to make another trip to Lowes for something else with the plumbing. Shoulda just called BRS, told them what I was doing and let them ship me everything. At least it is on the way to work

They had a type of catch where the clip part rotated so that had to go, then there were tabs on the fan side that was catching the arm of the clip.. So after a few seconds of sanding them down I was able to get it one on each end of the tank, but still wasn't exactly how I wanted it.. So I moved them more towards the back and rotated them a bit and BAM! Perfect.. I'll try and get some shots tomorrow.. I need to get that mess of wire arranged somehow or another.. Looks like the south end of a north bound dog..

I set them on the controller to pop on if the tank hits hit and run until it gets down to 79.. Hopefully 2 6" fans will do it.. If not, I'll pop 2 more on the sump.. LoL.. Let's see if I can evaporate 15 gallons a day!!

DrNecropolis;484440 wrote: I set them on the controller to pop on if the tank hits hit and run until it gets down to 79.. Hopefully 2 6" fans will do it.. If not, I'll pop 2 more on the sump.. LoL.. Let's see if I can evaporate 15 gallons a day!!
Would love to see your top off container for that!
You should be fine with temps though.

Moved around a bunch of livestock and emptied my old frag tank. I spent about 5 min today looking at the display tank :yes:.

johnr2604;484454 wrote: Moved around a bunch of livestock and emptied my old frag tank. I spent about 5 min today looking at the display tank :yes:.
Yeah, but with your tank, thats an amazing 5 minutes..

DrNecropolis;484455 wrote: Yeah, but with your tank, thats an amazing 5 minutes..
LOL, Its been getting neglected the past three weeks with all the other stuff going on.

I am glad that I'm able to thin some stuff out though now. Only select corals in the display from now on :up:

Doin a 40 gal WC, cleaning the glass in and out, maybe a little maintenence aquascaping, glueing down some problem frags, hooking up my new PC4's and Double Float switches for my ATO, then setting up my wavemaker with 2 of my 4 powerheads.

if i have time i will frag my zoa colony to pay for my purchases yesterday.....some of them at least.

Added a Carpenter's Flasher Wrasse (yes, straight to the display...QT tank is in use for my PBT...don't hate). He was too good of a deal to pass up. Dove straight into the rocks, so I melted a few cubes of Marine Cuisine and Mysis, and he ate almost immediately.

Then put plastic gutter guard across the back opening of the tank (holes are 1/4" or smaller, they're trapezoidal) and I don't see any way this guy is jumping out.

Back