What did you do to your tank today

Smoothie;484430 wrote: What kind of starfish?

linkia. BRIGHT orange. We are having trouble coming up with a name so far we have:
Journey and Marley (gsm clowns)
Ozzy the Porcelain crab
Now the Linkia needs a name...Until we come up with something better his name is Rock Star.

Found 3 more dead SPS frags incl Aqua Delight, German Blue and ORA Verde...
All three tangs removed from system, 50% waterchange and new sockholders installed.
Now praying that other corals survive the night.

I am sorry to hear that too Robb. Let me know if you want me to hold any coral for you while you get everything back in check.

Lots of maintence. Cleaned the glass. Did the weekly thinning out of calupera in the fuge. Made up more kalk. Made up new saltwater for a change tonight and some top off water for the week. Fragged a few frags to give away as freebies, fed the fish. Still need to swap out the GFO and carbon.

Yeah Robb, if you need someone to hold some stuff I have some space on a frag rack.

20% WC on the 30 gallon

15% WC on the 8 Gallon...installed its first new heater, new carbon filter and thermometer. Tested all levels and salinity...finished its first cycle and going to get its first inhabitants now...

Weekly maintenance... vacuum silt from bottom of sump, vacuum some bottom sand, clean skimmer cup, 25% (4 gallon) WC w/Reef Crystals, baster blasted crud from frags, scrubbed off some GHA, tested alk 10 dkh higher than usual but OK... clean glass, etc. Tank's looking better than it ever has... well except the GHA... and less work... ahhhh...

Just finished a water change and cleaned the glass. Now I'm making more RO water. I just hope I remember to turn it off before I hit the sack tonight.

LilRobb;484783 wrote: ... Now praying that other corals survive the night.
:sad: Is it possible the tank is cycling? Is it just nitrates, or are you getting ammonia or nitrites showing up?

I just spent about 3 hours cleaning my 72 gallon. After a month of Tech M in the system to rid the bryopsis I did a 20 gallon water change, cleaned the overflows, replaced the filter sock, GFO and Carbon with all new. Added 40 more pounds of sand to replace what I've disposed of in the last year, replaced the hose from the pump to the protein skimmer because its been partially crimped for a year. Removed all of my ricordia from frag plugs and put on a rock that will become my ric rock. I think that covers it, that is enough for now. :)

Lets see,
Built a canopy for my 80g system. Did a 15 gallon water change on my 80 gallon system and a 5 gallon water change on my 30 gallon system. Fed the clowns and damsels and added a tablespoon of reef vital dna to the 80 gallon system.
Yep That about does it.

Stayed up until 3:30 getting about 50 frags from Rob's system comfortable in their new temporary home. I'm tired for some reason.

cr500_af;485301 wrote: Stayed up until 3:30 getting about 50 frags from Rob's system comfortable in their new temporary home. I'm tired for some reason.

You da man. :up:

I got my ATO running. AndyMan came through (as usual) and just happened to have a float valve sitting around. I made a run to Fry's tonight to grab a relay and BAM. 15 minutes later I finally have something that was on my "to do" list for 4 months taken care of. I should be doing my WC for the week, but I think ill put that off till tomorrow and go get the last little bit of silicone out of the 92 so I can seal it tomorrow.

Installed 2 out of three ATOs myself today.
Sent some prayers to the SPS gods - which apparently helped, too

Overfilled a jug of RO/DI water. Thank goodness I put it on the washing machine to catch the flood. I was busy fixing the new house up. Also epoxied a SPS frag from free frag night after the superglue failed again. The SPS frags are doing great under my T-5's. And of course the usual dosing, topping off and feeding. Also trying to make room in my garage to set up a trash can for my RO/DI water.

i did measurements to help map out my plumbing. Ordered all the pieces I needed frow savco; all black pvc! I also chiseled down a piece of live rock that had been bugging me, and added a nice hole thru it. Its amazing what you can do with a cold chisel and some patience.

sitting here waiting for the lights to turn on....then feed the tank some mysis and cyclopeze.....then testing the water when i get home from work later today....lost a fish over the weekend when i was out of town.....but did a 20g WC yesterday and swapped ot filter socks and cleaned the skimmer cup yesterday too

Back