Shallow reef to scale 1st look

SnowManSnow;1041239 wrote: Via NYLOS test kits my alk is steady at 7 and ca at 420. I'll b dosing over the next few days to get these levels up just a little

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do you like the NYLOS kits? Are you just using the NYLOS for alk and ca?

Wannabee

Seem to be easy to read. The scale only goes to whole number on alk though.

On the verge of adding a kalk stirrer to the mix.

If I do, what function does my apex have to help w it? Basically an off if ph goes too high?

I suppose I could stir only at night, to counter the slight pm ph drop

very curious how the sps do.

please note parameters for us :)

looks real good though

Russ parameters are ca 420 alk apx 8 (now)
Ph avg is 7.9 temp 76
I'm bad bc I never test much of anything else. I can kinda tell what's going on in there.
The sps will be fine as long as the lighting is adequate and I can keep things stable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

you should stir multiple times all throughout the day to keep everything as stable as possible.the last thing i would worry about is a slightly lower pm ph drop

SnowManSnow;1041401 wrote: Russ parameters are ca 420 alk apx 8 (now)
Ph avg is 7.9 temp 76
I'm bad bc I never test much of anything else. I can kinda tell what's going on in there.
The sps will be fine as long as the lighting is adequate and I can keep things stable.

i meant if you notice any decline or growth. po4/nitrates/alk kinda thing.
the sps fairies havent touched my tank yet.

reeferman;1041406 wrote: you should stir multiple times all throughout the day to keep everything as stable as possible.the last thing i would worry about is a slightly lower pm ph drop

lol.
yeah. ph is one of the last things i test. usually if the other parameters are fine, it falls in place.

New equipment to come on line soon

281d3e763a742d8afa7d30f00f7d6b74.jpg
alt="" />

SnowManSnow;1041387 wrote: I suppose I could stir only at night, to counter the slight pm ph drop

only stirring at night wont change anything except youll be dosing a less potent mixture during the day. i thought about maybe only turning your ato on at night but then you would be dumping a large amount of kalk saturated water into the tank at once when it first turns on each night and that would be no good.

Motor turns WAY too slow... Gotta get w tech support

I contacted them. They said 10 rpm..
I timed the rotation and it took 30 secs to make one revolution

Haha yea. I think I'll need a new motor. It isn't in function yet, so no worries

Back