DIY denitrator - anyone build one?

OK, because the 400 and 600 have slower flow. Physically they are all the same size, just the flow rates are different.

I'm heading to the shop in a few minutes - hopefully somebody can get back to me with what all is needed and quantities.

Jenn

Jenn,
I think David (Grouper Therapy) has a list of the people who want in on the build so the number will have to come from him.

Jenn
If we have time I was going to give everyone until this afternoon to get back with me as I deleted the file with thw interested individuals names and water volumes. They are getting back with me now.

That's fine. I haven't finished my supply order yet anyway. If I get it done and submitted, I can still add to it but I should get it in today. If I'm not at the shop I can still do it from home, so for now, it's all good.

Once you know what you need, I'll send you pricing - let's please just do that part by PM to keep it proper ;)

Jenn

JennM;390835 wrote: That's fine. I haven't finished my supply order yet anyway. If I get it done and submitted, I can still add to it but I should get it in today. If I'm not at the shop I can still do it from home, so for now, it's all good.

Once you know what you need, I'll send you pricing - let's please just do that part by PM to keep it proper ;)

Jenn
You got it
Thanks for your help

Is there a problem with making this a little bit shorter? I will be close to fit in where it needs to go.

roundman;390911 wrote: Is there a problem with making this a little bit shorter? I will be close to fit in where it needs to go.
I don't think so as long as enough media will fit in the tube.

PM resent. Forgot to add...tank is 95 gallon plus sump which is only around 20 gallons.

Don't forget to send me a list of what you need:

Maxijets (900s?)
ARM
LSM
Tubing?

I have to have it in by first thing in the AM - and I have things to do tomorrow... so don't wait too long.

Jenn

New Date :I am having a new roof put on my house and the roofer is starting Friday. So I am going to have to move the build back til a week from Sat. If that is not ok with some who committed to this weekend let me know and I will fabricate yours myself for the troubles this may cause some if you can not make it then. Sorry Guys .

porpoiseaquatics;394213 wrote: This may seem like a stupid question but I'll ask it anyway. Would a Calcium reactor work as a denitrifier?
yes Almost the exactt same thing except the co2 injection ports. One brand of denitrator actually has a conversion kit to a calcium reactor

I had quite a few that could not make so I thought we would shoot for the following week. I am going to p/u the parts from Jenn on Friday

Either weekend is fine with me. But now I'll have the time to get the water in the tank getting it basically up an running.

grouper therapy;394261 wrote: I had quite a few that could not make so I thought we would shoot for the following week. I am going to p/u the parts from Jenn on Friday
so are you now looking at 9/19 or 9/26?

Thanks Grouper! I thought it would work. I picked up a demo model Coralife CA+ Reactor for $10 yesterday. I think I'm going to use it as my denitrifier instead of building one.

Back